VIV or Cavetubing.bz

matfel

I am really torn which company to book with, there are 9 of us, all adults, some may do the ziplining as well, both companies carry your tubes, VIV is now offering 20 percent off cruise passengers until October so thier cost for cavetubing would be 32.00, BZ is offering 10 percent off thier price so it is 45.00 each, the price is not the most important factor, I dont; mind paying more if BZ is worth it, I see BZ offers a lunch at thier family restaurant with rum punch, VIV offer tamales and fruit punch after the cave tubing, any opionions, We go in August,

We went with VIV in 2012 and .BZ in April. I would recommend both. I think VIV had slightly nicer tubes but we didn't have to carry our tubes with .BZ. Both guides were friendly and knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've only used cavetubing.bz so I can't compare the two. BUT, I 110% recommend cavetubing.bz.

We met them just outside the port. We were each given a cold bottled water and loaded into the air conditioned 12 passenger van. The driver and our other guide provided lot's of information about the island, the people, the languages spoken, the school system, etc.

This company includes an extra cave. We walked past where most of the other companies get into the river but we kept on.

Our "hike" was leisurely and only moderately challenging to my two bad knees. As we made our way down the trail, our guides pointed out different plants, trees, etc and let us eat different things, including live termites, which I did!

Highlight for me: NO TUBES TO CARRY!!! What I noticed time and time again was the other companies passing us on the trail with guides that were either silent or chanting "keep moving" all while those poor folks were wrestling with their tubes.

The float was sooooooo relaxing and we even got to sample some all spice leaves. Our helmets were equipped with LED head lamps so we could see inside the caves.

At the end of the float you had the option to jump in and enjoy the water or just keep on floating.

There are nice restrooms to use and change in.

After we loaded back in the van, we stopped just down the road at the "office" where our lunch was waiting for us. DELISH!!!! Chicken just fell off the bone, rice was awesome and the rum punch was flowing along with soda or water. Several strengths of local hot sauces to try as well.

We were advised to bring our cups with us in the van and our guides brought a gallon jug of rum punch for the ride back to the port :D.

We booked the cruise cavebtubing with lunch tour for $50 a person and it was worth every cent!!

We had a fantastic time.

Gina