booking cancel

Hallo I have made a wrong booking with the wrong date I cancelt immediate but the 500$ was already from my Visa. How long will it take to be back on the Visa?

Hallo I have made a wrong booking with the wrong date I cancelt immediate but the 500$ was already from my Visa. How long will it take to be back on the Visa?

If it was only a wrong booking date you can transfer the current booking to a new date using the same booking number and no refund of deposit will be necessary.

If you do cancel it altogether, it may take several days for the credit to be processed with your credit card company.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I recently went online and cancelled 2 cruises expecting a total of $1500 deposit money back on my credit card.

It took a little over a week to see the credit show up on my credit card account.

The weird thing was, there were about 6 separate refunds with very random dollar amounts, but in the end, they all totaled up to $1500.

Edited by Soundview77

As the OP was from the Netherlands they are subject to different cancellation rules.

OP I would suggest that you call your local RCI office to ensure that you will receive a full refund. You can also ask about timing of refund.

Norway (Oslo office - also serving Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and the Baltics )

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

• Tel: 47 22 51 37 80

• Fax: 47 22 51 37 95

infono@rccl.com

Edited by Ourusualbeach

As the OP was from the Netherlands they are subject to different cancellation rules.

OP I would suggest that you call your local RCI office to ensure that you will receive a full refund. You can also ask about timing of refund.

Norway (Oslo office - also serving Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and the Baltics )

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

• Tel: 47 22 51 37 80

• Fax: 47 22 51 37 95

infono@rccl.com

...I saw that but assumed the booking could be transferred and that the deposit (perhaps not in full as you indicate) would be processed back to the CC within a few days of the cancellation. But we all know the dangers in "assuming" anything.

Thanks for the clarification for the OP's benefit.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

...I saw that but assumed the booking could be transferred and that the deposit (perhaps not in full as you indicate) would be processed back to the CC within a few days of the cancellation. But we all know the dangers in "assuming" anything.

Thanks for the clarification for the OP's benefit.

It has to be tough for everyone that is not from North America reading the majority of the comments on here and how liberal our cancellation policies, price drops etc. are and then finding out that they do not apply.

Not sure if all of Europe is the same as the UK but I think that if you live outside of the US you really need to talk to your local RCI office to find out the T&C that will apply.

Hope that the OP will get all of their money back or at least transferred to a new cruise.

Edit. Off topic but kudus to the Americans for refusing entry to one of our more illustrious citizens last week.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I recently went online and cancelled 2 cruises expecting a total of $1500 deposit money back on my credit card.

It took a little over a week to see the credit show up on my credit card account.

The weird thing was, there were about 6 separate refunds with very random dollar amounts, but in the end, they all totaled up to $1500.

This happened to me when I had to cancel also. Several small refunds when I had only made a lump payment for the cruise.