Parental Consent Form

pathubia

We are traveling with a friend's son. I know we need the parental consent form, but his parents are divorced. His mom has sole custody. I dont think he will be able to find his dad (long story) to have him sign the form. Has anyone ever been turned away cause of only one parents signature? :eek:

If legally she can sign it I don't think you'll have trouble. How do they know the dad is living or that she isn't a single parent? I would never say do something illegal I'm just commenting from a practical point of view. I had my husband fill out the form for our last cruise since he couldn't come. I wasn't even asked about him let alone asked for the form.

We are traveling with a friend's son. I know we need the parental consent form, but his parents are divorced. His mom has sole custody. I dont think he will be able to find his dad (long story) to have him sign the form. Has anyone ever been turned away cause of only one parents signature? :eek:

Does she have a court order showing she has sole custody? If so, bring a copy of that with her notarized consent form.

I had sole custody of my son and we had different names. I was never asked in 6 cruises but took the paperwork with me just in case. One time he checked in with our friends instead of me and they had USA passports and us uk ones. This time they asked where I was and I waved and they said ok. It was harder when 18 and tried to get him the drinks waiver form signed with different names.

I had sole custody of my son and we had different names. I was never asked in 6 cruises but took the paperwork with me just in case. One time he checked in with our friends instead of me and they had USA passports and us uk ones. This time they asked where I was and I waved and they said ok. It was harder when 18 and tried to get him the drinks waiver form signed with different names.

Last year I brought my daughters birth certificate and my marriage certificate with me for the 18-20 consent for beer and wine....

when coming back INTO port during disembarkation...no one's been asked for forms? Even when it's a closed loop, they have to stop in a foreign country usually, and there's immigration when disembarking at the end of the cruise. you would think they would check closer :confused:

I brought a letter from my kids father (my ex) and it was notarized. I got asked for the letter at US customs when we entered the states (we are Canadian) and at security at the port when we checked in and again at customs coming off the ship.

I would think a letter from the mother would be enough.

When my son went to states with a friends family, I signed a letter of consent but it never crossed my mind to have it also signed by his father too (he was well aware he was going, it just never dawned on either of us that we both should sign), there was no concern at border with just my permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JLBKL