Valor - Cabin help for Honeymoon

I am ready to book a cruise on the Valor for part 1 of our Honeymoon. Our options are Grand Suite, Ocean Suite or Premium Vista Balcony. The Grand Suite seems to have a very nice layout and a lot of space in the cabin. The OS seems to mirror that, only is a bit smaller and price is much lower. The Premium Vista Balcony should have panaramic views of the ocean and a huge balcony. But accroding to Carnivals sight - the balacony is smaller then the Grand Suite. Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? When I look at the layout of each cabin, the Grand Suite defiantely does not match up to the description that I see on Carnivals site.

It says GS - 345 sq ft, balcony 85 sq ft

OS - 275 sq ft, balcony 65 sq

Premium Vista 185 sq ft, balcony 75 sq ft

This appears wrong. Has anyone stayed in these rooms and can give me more feedback or know of a good site to get more info on the cabins? Real traveler pics?

Ok here is my opinion.... The itinerary is so port intensive I would opt for a 8E balcony on Lido port side. It's only one sea day so you aren't going to be in the room as much. Use the extra money to do The Steakhouse, excursions or even extend your stay in Puerto Rico pre or post cruise there is so much to do there.

Whatever you decide congrats on your wedding and hope you have a awesome Honeymoon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had an aft wrap (is that premium vista?) #7440 on the Valor. Loved that cabin. Humongous balcony. All I know is that it was the most expensive class of balcony. We liked it so much we booked the same type room on the Dream. I think the balcony will be narrower but should be similar.

Edited by fergusonvt

Thank you all for your quick reply and feed back and thank you for your well wishes :-)

Good point on the itinerary - with that being said, there won't be too much time during the day spent on the balcony, but the mornings when we pull into sea and when we leave - I bet it will be nice and not sure if we will ever go this "big" again. I'd rather not go with a standard balcony.

The Premium Vista I believe is cabin 6452. But it could be the same catagory as the one you mention.

It all comes down to a nice large room or the extra large balcony. I am wondering if they all have the same views. I didn't know about that site, so I will definately check that out.

Thanks everyone! Super excited!

GS balcony is plenty large for 2, but you don't get the wrap around view of a premium vista balcony. That being said, GS bathroom has a large jet tub big enough to fit two ... just thought you might want to know since this is your honeymoon.

We just got off the Valor past Sunday and had cabin 6483, aft wrap.

The cabin has more space as you enter the cabin, between beds and door, no couch but 2 chairs and round table that we never used as we spent almost all our time on the aft wrap, H U G E! Had 4 chairs which two reclined, 2 loungers and 2 square metal tables.

This was the best choice made for us booking an aft wrap as we spent so much time of our "cabin" time out there.

Mornings I would get my room service coffee and goodies and sit out there for hours as I am an early bird and got lots of pictures taken entering the ports.

The Pitons in St Lucia snuck out of the morning haze and first startled me haha! Felt like being in the movie "Jurassic Park" type feeling.

In St Maarten it rained just before I woke up so I did get a beautiful rainbow picture taken as I got out with my coffee to enjoy the morning and sunrise.

Whichever you pick I'm sure you can't go wrong, for us the aft wrap was huge and well used :D

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by BettyGiggles

Thank you all so much! We decided to go with the OS. It was only about $200 more or less. We chose this over the aft because the sailing is very port intense and we didn't think we would get too much use out of the balcony. I am still going back and forth in my head, wondering if we should have booked the aft balcony. But there is no turning back now because of those ES rates. Maybe the price for the GS will go down before it's all booked :-)

I've done the Valor, and it was my honeymoon. We originally had an aft balcony (not the wrap). Due to a huge price drop (Thanks Triumph!) we upgraded to a suite. (Deck 7)

It is a very port intensive cruise, and we didn't spend much time in our room. If you do Any time dining ask for Alberto for a server.

Anyways if you want some info on the excursions we booked, PM me and I'll send them to you.

I've done the Valor, and it was my honeymoon. We originally had an aft balcony (not the wrap). Due to a huge price drop (Thanks Triumph!) we upgraded to a suite. (Deck 7)

It is a very port intensive cruise, and we didn't spend much time in our room. If you do Any time dining ask for Alberto for a server.

Anyways if you want some info on the excursions we booked, PM me and I'll send them to you.

We rarely spend anytime in the room. I do like a little more space though. We had a Spa Suite on the Breeze and it was perfect. That wrap around deck is amazing!! One of these days :-)

I was on the Valor years ago - was hoping it would have the 2.0 upgrades for our Honeymoon, but either way, we will be happy :-)

I would absolutely love for info on excursions. That would be awesome! Thank you so much!

My fiance and I did this cruise last year. I proposed on the beach in Barbados. It was a wonderful cruise!

We love the beach, and this itinerary has wonderful beaches and the most beautiful islands. Here are the things we did if your looking for ideas.

St. Thomas- Taxi to Meaghan's Bay. This beach has the calmest water even, since it's a bay not open water. That said it wasn't my favorite beach by any stretch of the imagination. Next time in St. Thomas I would try one of the other beaches.

Barbados- The Boat Yard. This beach was fabulous! and the Boatyard has chairs, lots of water toys, and a rope swing, and free Wifi. It was great fun. We also really really wanted to swim with the turtles. I read on here in another review about Snorkel with Neville. There was a guy walking around on the beach offering trips and we told him we wanted to go with Neville. We went with him, it was only $20 so a great deal! and the trip was awesome! The snorkeling with the turtles was one of the highlights of the entire cruise! (The proposal on the beach was also right up there!)

St. Lucia- Spencer Ambrose Beach Break. This was a great excursion, and much better than the ship excursion would have been. We got to the Pitons way before the ship tour, and left after the ship tour. Also included a wonderful lunch at a local restaurant, and a few other picture stops on the boat ride between the port and the Pitons.

St. Kitts- Day Pass to the Marriott Hotel. By this point we were ready to swim in a pool instead of just the salt water. The resort was fabulous, and is right on Frigate Bay with a picture perfect beach. It was great, but again if I did the Valor cruise again I would probably try something else here.

St. Maarten- Maho Beach. I would definitely go here, if you have never been that is, but I would not plan a whole day here either. It is a very small, crowded beach, and to me the novelty of the planes wears off after a couple of hours. Worth a visit for a couple of hours, but visit another beach or plan some other activity as well.

I'm just going to list who we used.

St. Thomas Godfrey Tours. Tour of the island, and beach time. Cash only

Barbados- Glory Tours - Best of Barbados tour. Tour of the island, wildlife preserve, Harrison's Cave, lunch, and swim with sea turtles. This was our favorite tour

St. Lucia - Real St. Lucia tours. Hired a private driver. They have a route if you don't have anything in mind, but if you do they will take you there. Volcano, Wildlife (Birds), preserve, lunch, Pittions, beach, tour of the island.

St. Kitts Pereira Tours they have many to chose from. We did 2, Tour of the island/Brimtree Fortress, and in the afternoon we did a snuba tour.

St. Marteen We ran out of time before the trip, and never got around to booking an excursion for this island. We wound up booking a butterfly farm directly through Carnival.

Thanks.

Barbados was def the port we were looking the most forward to, and we loved it. But we also really loved St. Kitts as well. St. Lucia was also beautiful, but it rained most of the day we were there, so that put a little damper on that port.

The best port of this trip is that each island is so unique. St. Thomas & St. Maarten look NOTHING like St. Lucia & St. Kitts. It was wonderful!