3rd and 4th cancellation policy

Sabnitron posted in another thread, something I did not know.

If you cancel the 3rd and/or 4th persons in a cabin before the 100% cancellation period kicks in, you should get a full refund of their fare (US bookings). I called Royal Caribbean to confirm this.

Did everyone always know this?

Edited by marci22

I'm very surprised because I always see people posting here that someone can't go and others suggest replacing them with someone else.

Maybe they don't publicize that 3rd and 4th can receive refunds? (as long as original booking is not cancelled) When I directly asked the Royal rep she said, "no penalties apply until the 100% cancellation penalty period starts". And then you still get back taxes and fees.

Had this situation with an upcomming cruise. Had up until 21 days out, which is the 100% cancellation period, to recieve full refund for a 4th passenger.

That must have been a 6 nights or longer holiday sailing. Other sailings have a 100% cancellation penalty period of 14 days or less.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323

Here is the vague wording from their cruise ticket contract page: "The cancellation charge policies set forth above vary for single occupancy or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups. Consult your travel agency or call Royal Caribbean for further details."

Edited by marci22

That must have been a 6 nights or longer holiday sailing. Other sailings have a 100% cancellation penalty period of 14 days or less.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323

Nope, I was first told 14 then when I called back I was told 21. Two seperate CSR's two seperate answers. The one that told me 21 said there was a change so I figured it was correct. Silly of me think I was getting good info. Luckily did not have to do it.

Edit...ok just looked at 2 different confirmations one for June one for NYE (holiday) the June confirmation shows 100% at 14 days and the NYE shows it at 21 days. I guess the second CSR read the wrong info.

Edited by looking4info