Getting the best price?

We currently have a couple of cabins booked for May 2015 on Freedom. I've already called in and got the BOGOHO price drop (saved about $700). Have a few more questions since I'm trying to get the cheapest out of pocket cost for this cruise.

Currently have 2 adults and 1 child booked in D1 1700; 2 adults booked in K directly across the hall.

I see that if I had my DD booked in the room across the hall(K) her fare would be $100 less. But I'm worried that if I move her off our reservation we might lose 1700 since we would only have 2 people in that cabin. Could that happen?

Also, I have enough RCL Visa points to get a free companion fare. I thought I could just wait until the price of the OV went higher to cash that in. I've read of people doing that to get a credit in another cabin category. However, I've also heard that RCL will re-price my current cabin at the same time possibly increasing my fare and making the companion fare deal less attractive. Could others share their experience with redeeming for companion fares?

Thank you

Also, I have enough RCL Visa points to get a free companion fare. I thought I could just wait until the price of the OV went higher to cash that in.

Thank you

This doesn't make sense. Why would you wait for the price to go UP? The companion fare is free. It costs you no money. It makes no difference if the fare is $1 or $100,000 dollars. It will still cost you 75,000 Visa points. The only difference might be in the taxes and fees. I don't know if they change with the posted rate but if they do, you are better off paying taxes and fees (theoretically) on $1 than on $100,000.

I see that if I had my DD booked in the room across the hall(K) her fare would be $100 less. But I'm worried that if I move her off our reservation we might lose 1700 since we would only have 2 people in that cabin. Could that happen?

Yes, it can. Many of the cabins for more than 2 people are restricted to only take 3+ people.

This doesn't make sense. Why would you wait for the price to go UP? The companion fare is free. It costs you no money. It makes no difference if the fare is $1 or $100,000 dollars. It will still cost you 75,000 Visa points. The only difference might be in the taxes and fees. I don't know if they change with the posted rate but if they do, you are better off paying taxes and fees (theoretically) on $1 than on $100,000.

The higher the price of the OV cabin....the higher the value of the free fare certificate...up to a certain amount...which the OP is using to take the discount on the D2 balcony....

We currently have a couple of cabins booked for May 2015 on Freedom. I've already called in and got the BOGOHO price drop (saved about $700). Have a few more questions since I'm trying to get the cheapest out of pocket cost for this cruise.

Currently have 2 adults and 1 child booked in D1 1700; 2 adults booked in K directly across the hall.

Also, I have enough RCL Visa points to get a free companion fare. I thought I could just wait until the price of the OV went higher to cash that in. I've read of people doing that to get a credit in another cabin category. However, I've also heard that RCL will re-price my current cabin at the same time possibly increasing my fare and making the companion fare deal less attractive. Could others share their experience with redeeming for companion fares?

Thank you

The reason to wait for an increase in the companion fare would be if you upgraded to a cabin above oceanview. Then you receive the value of the companion fare for an oceanview cabin up to $1,500....If you are staying with an OV cabin, then you waould want the fare to decrease below the $1,500 threshold so that you don;t have to pay anything extra.....

Edited by JetsFanCruiser