Back to back cruising/consecutive cruises?

We booked a 1 night cruise for. Seattle to Vancouver and another 3night from Vancouver to San Pedro, CA where we live. A friend tried to call and link these 2 cruises together and the cruise line told her this was not allowed. I had no problem booking them separately however. I am wondering if anyone has booked a consecutive itinerary and had to debarked and reboard for the 2nd cruise. If so, did they at least store your luggage for you??

You may have more of a problem -- we tried to book a similar itinerary years ago. We were told no -- the U.S. government considers it a violation of the PVSA. Foreign flagged vessels cannot transport passengers between two U.S. ports unless they visit a distant foreign port. They consider it Seattle to San Pedro. The closest distant ports are in South America and the ABC islands.

I didn't matter that the cruise line called it two cruises

Good luck

Edited by CRUZBUDS

Yup, unless you are on a different ship, that is definitely a violation of the PVSA.

Your initial reaction may be to just pretend you don't know and let is slide, but at any point, if they realize what is happening, they will likely cancel one of your legs. And they will do it without warning (or so I have read from others that this happened to). There is also a $300 fine for violating the PVSA, which the cruise company must pay (and then they turn around and charge the traveler).

Doesn't seem fair, but laws passed in the 1890's rarely are...

Bob