E177- Inspiration Is this a good cabin??

showdog

Can anyone tell me if this is a good location or will there be a lot of noise from the galley? Also, does the AC work good here and are there any smells that would make us not want to be in this room/location?

Thank you

Wow my first post here.

I was on this ship for my honeymoon in 2003 and I was up in e9.

Wish I could tell you much about your room, but I would only walk past it to go to dinner. Here is what I do remember about the ship though.

Being in the front of the ship I remember being woken up to the sound of the anchor when it went to Grand Cayman. I thought that the sounds from atrium would make the room loud, but the room was actually pretty quiet. There was maybe only a faint sound from the paris lounge at night.

We had cabin E7, right up front, and never heard a thing. I don't know about your specific cabin, but it was nice being on the top-lower deck, we rarely had to use (and wait for) the elevators, just a flight or two of stairs and we were at our room! :)

Have fun . . . we are deciding about which ship to go one next time right now. We loved the Inspiration and the itinerary was perfect, we might just go on her again! :D

I have to admit I liked the Inspiration a bit more than my last October Anniversary Cruise on the Destiny. I liked being on the Empress deck as we merely walked through the atrium to our room. I would merely walk to the back of the ship and take the stairs up to go eat.

It was only one morning that I heard the anchor in that room, and I had to really listen hard to hear the slight music from the paris lounge.

I would guess that as loud as acts were in the paris lounge, and you could barely hear them, that the noises from the galley wouldn't bother you in E177. Just to give you an idea about my hearing, I used to have problems going to sleep when I was younger when someone downstairs was watching TV, or snoring.

E177 looks like a fabulous location to me. I was on the Inspiration in May of this year and LOVED her. I had a much better time than I did on the Destiny last October. Even though the Inspiration is an older ship, she's in great shape and her staff is a pleasure to cruise with. Go and enjoy your cruise.

showdog, I've got the same concern. I just "discovered" my room number and it is directly under the galley on the Sensation. I have searched the forums all day and have seen some that have said they didn't hear anything and some that said they heard everything. Sooooo I'm still worried. I know I'll have a good time no matter what but I have 16 other people going with us and I'm worried they may not. I really don't think it will be that bad. I think that some people may exagerate just a lil bit. I guess we will find out, huh? I'm still excited no matter where they put me on the ship. :D

Archived