Azura questions - thermal suite

hello Azura cruisers past and present.

I am considering booking a last minute Azura Fjords trip for June. two questions to clarify and enquire please.

1 - price for using the thermal suite ( i suspect depends on particular cruise and duration but a rough guess would be great) - also would anyone recommend this facility? (espcially sailing to Norway and thinking the weather may not exactley be sunbathing weather.

2 - Is the Oasis Pool the adults only pool (sailed on the Sapphire Princess about 8 years ago and the same pool was in theory the adults pool)

3 - What is the range of movies to view in the cabin like?

thankyou very much for anyones input.

kind regards

pcwoodwardflier

hello Azura cruisers past and present.

I am considering booking a last minute Azura Fjords trip for June. two questions to clarify and enquire please.

1 - price for using the thermal suite ( i suspect depends on particular cruise and duration but a rough guess would be great) - also would anyone recommend this facility? (espcially sailing to Norway and thinking the weather may not exactley be sunbathing weather.

2 - Is the Oasis Pool the adults only pool (sailed on the Sapphire Princess about 8 years ago and the same pool was in theory the adults pool)

3 - What is the range of movies to view in the cabin like?

thankyou very much for anyones input.

kind regards

pcwoodwardflier

Hello,

I have just returned from a 7 night cruise on Azura to the Fjords so hope to be able to answer your questions.

1) The price of the thermal suite is £15 per person per day regardless of whether or not it's a sea or port day. It is worth enquiring at the spa reception desk though about 'special offers' as on our cruise they were offering a 7 night package for £55 which I purchased. I used the thermal suite 4 times so in effect was £5 up :)

They did also offer a package for using the Thermal Suite & the Retreat (the adults only sunbathing / lounger section) for I believe £90 per person or £150 per couple (you might need to double check that as I no longer have the leaflet & might have misunderstood the couple price). Whilst I'd have loved to use the Retreat I knew the weather wasn't going to that good & therefore I was unlikely to utilise it & therefore stuck to the Thermal Suite only.

Like most things it's a personal choice but I did enjoy using it would recommend it for your Fjords cruise. I wouldn't necessarily book it for a trip to the med or somewhere where you're likely to get the sun as I (personally) would think it a bit of a waste sitting inside whilst you could be enjoying the open decks & warmer weather.

I would suggest that you make your way to the Spa Reception desk as soon as you embark & get it booked to avoid disappointment.

2) I believe the Oasis Pool is adults only, but not sure if this is now free or part of the Retreat package. There is another adults only pool at the aft of Azura.

3) There were 9 "complementary" movies on the interactive TV with the rest being £1.99 or at least the ones I quickly glanced at were priced £1.99 - sorry I can't remember any of the titles though :confused:

Don't forget you can always watch a movie on the Sea Screen (which I did one afternoon) & another tip is that the movie is invariably shown in "Malabar" the following afternoon, so if you don't want to sit outside you can always watch it indoors.

Hope this has helped; any other questions I'd be glad to try and answer.

Joan

just back from Azura yetserday.

The Thermal suite is great but on a one week cruise we find its hard to find the time to use it and justify the cost.

The Oasis pool is adult only and free to use and its quite sheltered so fine to use in the Fjords. The only downside is when its raining, The rain drips from the overhead structure straight in to the hot tubs, or on your head LOL

Thankyou Bigfoot(joan) and Alvin Moondust

great info for the thermal suite - wish that information was a little more accessible from p&o directly! definately helps us to make up our minds booking this cruise!

Might I ask another question with regard to speciality restaurants - which ones would you definately recommend? Also did you find the main dining rooms pleasant in the evenings or loud and frenetic (as we found on Queen elizabeth recently); we sometimes prefer to eat in the buffet in the evening which is often quieter!

thankyou so much

peter

Thankyou Bigfoot(joan) and Alvin Moondust

great info for the thermal suite - wish that information was a little more accessible from p&o directly! definately helps us to make up our minds booking this cruise!

Might I ask another question with regard to speciality restaurants - which ones would you definately recommend? Also did you find the main dining rooms pleasant in the evenings or loud and frenetic (as we found on Queen elizabeth recently); we sometimes prefer to eat in the buffet in the evening which is often quieter!

thankyou so much

peter

Hi Peter,

I know what you mean!

Glad to help.

I personally haven't used the speciality dining venues so cannot help with regards to those.

We (me, hubby & my Parents) had "club dining" & ate in the Oriential Restaurant each night. We had a table for 4 & found it very pleasant. I wouldn't say it was particularly noisy. That said someone we know was on "Freedom Dining" & said they didn't enjoy it as much as there was (or so it seemed) always someone leaving / sitting down to eat & I guess that also meant the waiters were re laying tables etc around them.

We also ate in the buffet restaurant one night when there was a Carvery & that was very enjoyable.

Joan