Carnival MasterCard

I have already booked and paid for a cruise in December of this year how do I redeem the points in my card to get OBC?? On the website they have a pay with fun points and a inboard gifts which do I choose??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have already booked and paid for a cruise in December of this year how do I redeem the points in my card to get OBC?? On the website they have a pay with fun points and a inboard gifts which do I choose??

I would not use onboard credit. Just charge all your activities to your Carnival credit card and apply all the points to the bill once it's posted. That way you earn points on what you would have purchased with the onboard credit.

To get Onboard credit, click the Redeem Now button for Onboard Gifts. The other button is for statement credit. As mentioned, you can get double points for all Carnival charges including S&S--then use points for statement credit.

No, the points don't expire (for that)... I'm not sure if they never expire, or expire after 5 years...

But to answer the question about what is expiring... You have a certain number of days to redeem against the travel transaction. For example, you stay at a hotel on January 1st, go on a cruise on January 7th. The hotel transaction is applied to your card on January 2nd and the cruise is applied to your card on January 12th (it was a 4 night cruise)...

120 days from January 2nd, the first transaction will expire, meaning, you can't apply points against that specific transaction for a statement credit after around May 8th (rough guess at the date.)

The cruise charges would then expire around May 15th-ish.... Your points accrued for the transaction doesn't expire... Merely the ability to use that transaction as the basis for asking for a statement credit.

In order to request a credit, you must first have a TRAVEL transaction in your history that is still "active" (hasn't expired and hasn't been previously used for a credit.)

I hope that makes sense...

No, the points don't expire (for that)... I'm not sure if they never expire, or expire after 5 years...

But to answer the question about what is expiring... You have a certain number of days to redeem against the travel transaction. For example, you stay at a hotel on January 1st, go on a cruise on January 7th. The hotel transaction is applied to your card on January 2nd and the cruise is applied to your card on January 12th (it was a 4 night cruise)...

120 days from January 2nd, the first transaction will expire, meaning, you can't apply points against that specific transaction for a statement credit after around May 8th (rough guess at the date.)

The cruise charges would then expire around May 15th-ish.... Your points accrued for the transaction doesn't expire... Merely the ability to use that transaction as the basis for asking for a statement credit.

In order to request a credit, you must first have a TRAVEL transaction in your history that is still "active" (hasn't expired and hasn't been previously used for a credit.)

I hope that makes sense...

Thank you that clears it up for me