Totally forgot, now totally confused!

leeselee

Hello again!

It was only when I helped a friend with a cruise booking this weekend did I remember that when I made my booking I had a special offer attached to mine!

I had forgotten all about the 123go promotion!

To be honest I haven't got the foggiest idea about this as a whole - I chose drinks and pre paid tips for myself and my husband.

when I look online now at the T&Cs it just does not make sense. It's either that or it bores me senseless! :confused:

It seems to contradict itself. I have read it more than once. I cruised several times with RC and never had a special offer, so never came across this.

Now I have an offer - I want to take full advantage! :D

My TA said it will be explained when I cruise - I have my doubts about that.... and wondered whether someone on CC could make me less of a confused mess please :rolleyes:

Hello again!

It was only when I helped a friend with a cruise booking this weekend did I remember that when I made my booking I had a special offer attached to mine!

I had forgotten all about the 123go promotion!

To be honest I haven't got the foggiest idea about this as a whole - I chose drinks and pre paid tips for myself and my husband.

when I look online now at the T&Cs it just does not make sense. It's either that or it bores me senseless! :confused:

It seems to contradict itself. I have read it more than once. I cruised several times with RC and never had a special offer, so never came across this.

Now I have an offer - I want to take full advantage! :D

My TA said it will be explained when I cruise - I have my doubts about that.... and wondered whether someone on CC could make me less of a confused mess please :rolleyes:

Greetings

Give us a hint as to what is confusing. You don't understand the drink package? You don't understand the tips? They aren't shown on your reservation? Hard to help without knowing the question.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Give us a hint as to what is confusing. You don't understand the drink package? You don't understand the tips? They aren't shown on your reservation? Hard to help without knowing the question.

Good Sailing

Tom

Tom,

Sorry - I understand tips being paid!

It's the drinks package - I have copied this from the Celebrity site:

Guests can choose from one of: Free Classic Alcoholic beverage package, Free Onboard Spend or Free Gratuities. Guests can choose from two of these for European sailings.

So - I chose Tips and drinks....

I do not know what I am actually entitled to with the classic alcoholic package as I cannot find it listed on the site. I can see Classic Non Alcoholic, Premium Non Alcoholic, Classic & Premium. None of those packages are the same wording as the 123 Go offer wording.

I was thinking that maybe it was a discounted rate but I don't think so now.

I told you I was clueless. Maybe I should have gone for the OBC???

:D

From the FAQs

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola® can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

$16.10 per guest, per day* Price after 17th Feb $18.40

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $6 per serving and spirits, liqueurs, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. The Classic package also provides you with the chance to receive a discount of 15% on bottles of wine purchased.

$50.60 per guest, per day* Price after 17th Feb $56.35

Does this clarify?

There are quite a few threads discussing drinks that have now been increase to just above the $6 / $8 thresholds so are no longer included.

If you want specific drinks/brands, then you can upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package for around $11.50 per day.

Edited by helpthejuggler

Greetings

You chose the Classic Alcoholic Package. That will cover your fresh juices, your coffees from the coffee bar, your basic bottled water, beers up to $6, wines by the glass up to $8 and cocktails up to $8.

Here is a link to the package:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab%2Fonboard%2FasrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

There are threads discussing the "adjustment" of which specific liquor brands fall within the Classic Package and you can read them if you like. You still get all you desire of anything within the price limits of the package.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

You chose the Classic Alcoholic Package. That will cover your fresh juices, your coffees from the coffee bar, your basic bottled water, beers up to $6, wines by the glass up to $8 and cocktails up to $8.

Here is a link to the package:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab%2Fonboard%2FasrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

There are threads discussing the "adjustment" of which specific liquor brands fall within the Classic Package and you can read them if you like. You still get all you desire of anything within the price limits of the package.

Good Sailing

Tom

Tom,

That really does make things clearer.

Last year I got quite addicted to the mojitos and had one by the pool and one after dinner (not exactly a big drinker - my husband doesn't drink at all!!) so we might make it work for us!

It will save me buying a water package - which I do usually buy each year for the room.

Thank you for your help.