Carnival Med 2015

liberty64

• 3 weeks later...

JH announced today that he is going to be doing Alaska again in 2015, so Europe is def out. If they were doing Europe I am sure he would be the CD there instead.

I agree, they will do it again in 2016 as long as Vista is ready to launch in time for a European Summer season before sending her to the US.

hi,

don't fancy transatlantic (like to see different places) :)

There were 5 or 6 ports at the end (going east) at the end of March this year. Would have gone but had other plans already.

I would assume that the time of year for the cruises would dictate the average age of the people on the ship. When wife/I cruise in late Jan/early Feb, the average age is probably well into the 40s/50s. But if you go around spring break or in the summer, I am sure the average age is in the 20s.

And I am sure this holds true for any cruise line. HAL may have a "reputation" for an "older crowd", but you make a cruise what you want it to be.

I agree, they will do it again in 2016

as long as Vista is ready to launch in time for a European Summer season

before sending her to the US.

The usual situation for Carnival-in-the-Med...

i.e. when their brand-new ships come off the Fincantieri yards in Italy.

My PVP told me not until the Vista is done in 2016 will they be doing any Med itineraries.

If the Carnival Vista is launching winter/early 2016, it would be unlikely for the Carnival Vista to do Mediterranean or Baltic cruises. Peak season for European cruises on a cruise line that has a target demographic of American guests would be during the summer months. As Carnival stated the reason they pulled out of Europe was due to the same demographic no longer being able to justify the airfare for a European cruise, the ships were no longer sailing full and the return on investment was not as high as they would have liked, due to cruise fares being heavily discounted.

If Carnival struggled so much during the summer months, even with there being no school, they would be unable to do the same during the winter.

Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway both had their inaugural cruises during the same time period as the expected launch for the Carnival Vista. Those two ships had an inaugural cruise of a Transatlantic, where they would be able to have the ships sailing full with high profit.

Please explain John Heald, forgive my ignorance :):)

John Heald is Carnival's brand ambassador. He has a blog and a Facebook page where you can write to him and get a trophy and chocolate covered strawberries sent to your cabin. His information is not always the most reliable, but he has a rather large fan base. Sometimes his fans join in with him attacking his guests who reach out to him or to Guest Services onboard with feedback or complaints. In the service industry, even a ridiculous complaint is valid.

Edited by Disconnections

If the Carnival Vista is launching winter/early 2016, it would be unlikely for the Carnival Vista to do Mediterranean or Baltic cruises. Peak season for European cruises on a cruise line that has a target demographic of American guests would be during the summer months. As Carnival stated the reason they pulled out of Europe was due to the same demographic no longer being able to justify the airfare for a European cruise, the ships were no longer sailing full and the return on investment was not as high as they would have liked, due to cruise fares being heavily discounted.

If Carnival struggled so much during the summer months, even with there being no school, they would be unable to do the same during the winter.

Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway both had their inaugural cruises during the same time period as the expected launch for the Carnival Vista. Those two ships had an inaugural cruise of a Transatlantic, where they would be able to have the ships sailing full with high profit.

If Vista really does launch that early, then I agree that a Euro season is unlikely. No way they will be crusing in Europe in Jan/Feb/Mar, but if Vista launches Apr/May I think they will do a Euro season before coming back to the US. And given Carnival's track record of having ships ready on time I doubt Vista launches Jan/Feb/Mar.

John Heald is Carnival's brand ambassador. He has a blog and a Facebook page where you can write to him and get a trophy and chocolate covered strawberries sent to your cabin. His information is not always the most reliable, but he has a rather large fan base. Sometimes his fans join in with him attacking his guests who reach out to him or to Guest Services onboard with feedback or complaints. In the service industry, even a ridiculous complaint is valid.

I wasn't sure about John at first but he has grown on me. If you don't like him don't read him.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I wasn't sure about John at first but he has grown on me. If you don't like him don't read him.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I never said anything about not liking the brand ambassador. Somebody asked for more information about him so I provided some well known facts. Although he is a very nice person, the point is, he's supposed to be a company spokesperson and a Cruise Director... not my best friend.

Edited by Disconnections

Vista is expect to enter service in the Spring of 2016, most likely April.

Unless it has been delayed, it is scheduled for February of 2016.

Here is the January 23, 2013 earnings report from Carnival Corporation & plc. On page 18, it shows February 2016.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTczMDIyfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

----

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsother2

01/23/2013 Carnival Corporation & plc 2012 Annual Report on Form 10-K

01/29/2014 Carnival Corporation & plc 2013 Annual Report on Form 10-K

Edit: Looking at the Carnival Corporation & plc 2013 Annual Report on Form 10-K (page 18,) it has been delayed until April 2016.

Edited by Disconnections

We took a cruise to Alaska on Holland and loved it. We are in our late 40's with a 13 yr. old. Maybe because it was during the Summer, there was a lot of younger families.

We're thinking of Holland next summer for Europe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately not, no. We were hoping for a med cruise too! We have now decided to do the long haul flight to get our Carnival fix!!

We are the same! Well that and the fact they are doing a rare summer Panama Canal route.

I concur with Andy, I have also read of a Spring start as it got changed from the original time. Not to mention things often get delayed anyway.