Post Prandial Cigar

Jane Pond

Thanks, John. I am interested in Maze because the chef came from Verre in Dubai where I had a wonderful dinner. Less cost is fine with me!

Did you happen to get the Fox series 'Hell's Kitchen' done in LA? I found it fun. When I met the Chef, he told me he was just done filming it and it was a lot of hard work. The winner was invited to come to London to work with him or get his own restaurant. I think there is an older UK version, but we haven't seen it here.

I still have your other recommendation in mind as well.

Jane

A few less than flattering reviews have appeared lately about maze. In the Sunday telegraph the food was rated11 out of 10 but they took away 3 points for the rest leaving 8. Notable comment was "The average American could eat the entire contents of the menu in a bun as a canape".

also

maze - well-named new restaurant from Gordon Ramsay

http://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/nick050716

"For Maze I have not a word of criticism – except to say that if what it serves is tapas then my arse is the King of Spain."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1147-1656657,00.html

get yourself a job

http://www.leisurecruit.co.uk/company__profiles/gordon_ramsay_s_maze.cfm

and what some customers say:

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/more-reviews.asp?restaurant=4439&CurPage=2

I guess if you like this sort of thing, you'll like this sort of thing. However, I'd spend a bit less and get a flight to Spain ................

Jeff

Thank you for the update. I decided to try 'The Greenhouse' which has been recommended by someone here on the Board.

Jane in PHL

Hi Jane,

I have just returned from The Silver Shadow,I saw the Legend in Mahon,Menorca on thursday.Glad your trying the Greenhouse in Hays Mews,let me know what you think about it

Regards

John

I was on the Legend in Mahon, 'before the season' as it were. Is it any less dreary and more interesting mid-summer?

Jane

Hi Jane,

Having been to Mahon many times before,we enjoyed the peace and quet of the ship and did not get off.I remember the gin factory from previous tours and decided that if I was meant to have it then it would be in stock in my suite.The weather was superb and those that did the tour were back by lunch and glad of some air conditioning and a glass or two.

Oh Jane I hope you meant Mahon and not the Legend!!

Regards

John

PS it is raining in London today.

LOL! Now, John, I know that you posed that question with tongue-in -cheek!

We were docked with the Pride in Mahon, and the day was damp and dreary. We took a bus tour, and the guide kept telling us it was early and later in the summer it was divine. I can see it's utility of a close to Europe get-away, but stayed on the bus the whole time.

It's a hot and humid heat wave here in Philly and when I am in London, I don't care what the weather, is I am just happy to be there. As I may have mentioned, I lived there in another life <G>.

Jane (although sun is preferred!)

Archived