what to wear in the main dining room

minniem

I thought I recently read that shorts are now allowed in the main dining room. Does anyone know if this is true? Also any comments on how the majority of older women (grandmas) were dressed for dinner would be a great help. We just returned from a Princess cruise which was quite formal and I wore a dress every night. Would capris and a nice blouse be ok on a Disney cruise? We are sailing June 1st. Thanks for your help.

Grammy

I thought I recently read that shorts are now allowed in the main dining room. Does anyone know if this is true? Also any comments on how the majority of older women (grandmas) were dressed for dinner would be a great help. We just returned from a Princess cruise which was quite formal and I wore a dress every night. Would capris and a nice blouse be ok on a Disney cruise? We are sailing June 1st. Thanks for your help.

Grammy

Yes true, bar formal night it's relaxed, this is the DCL advice, it depends on your cruise length what one are you doing?

Q:

What should I wear to dinner?

A:

The dress code for dinner varies by the venue or theme night of your cruise. In general, most meals are "cruise casual"—no swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with optional opportunities to get dressed up for a special family photo. Here's a breakdown of events by cruise itinerary:

On 3-night cruises:

•One cruise casual night—No swimwear or tank tops

•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

•One "optional dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:

•First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

•One optional dress-up night—jacket for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

•Final night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:

•First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops

•One themed night (pirate, tropical or other themed deck party)

•3 additional cruise casual nights—no swimwear or tank tops

•One formal and one semi-formal night—two great opportunities to dress-up and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Though optional, we recommend: Dress pants with a jacket or a suit for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

Dress code at Palo:

•Men: Dress pants and dress shirt (a jacket is optional)

•Women: Dress or pantsuit

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy:

•Men: Dress pants with jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required—ties are optional.

•Women: A dress, cocktail dress, pantsuit or skirt/blouse is required

•No jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Sent from my iPad.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I think kids can get away with more than the adults. I know when we went, my kids wore shorts and a collared shirt, or nicer t-shirt. My husband wore shorts and a golf shirt and I wore capris and a nice top. For formal night at Triton's, I think, my daughter did wear a dress, as did I, and my husband and boys wore the typical shorts and golf shirt!

We have been on several Disney cruises. While I Guess men could wear shorts, I think men would be more comfortable in evening with pants and a Polo shirt or on formal night with a sport coat. I would never let my grandson wear shorts to dinner...think it is much more appropriate to wear long pants. The dining rooms are very nice and it is fun to dress up a little and treat it like the special occasion it is. We have seen lots of families really dressed up In evening gowns and tuxes. I am a grandma and always wear either a dress or nice top and pants or skirt to dinner and on formal night something sparkly. But we like to dress up. I know others do not.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years, on the cruises I've been on, I've seen "dressing for dinner" and formal night become less and less dress code observed. On the last Disney cruise, we took the time to wear really nice attire for dinner and then ended up feeling a little over dressed. But that's okay though, we like to dress for dinner, because eating in the dining rooms is a highlight of any cruise! But, to each his own. To answer your question though, I think Disney is really open as far as dress codes, as long as it's not swim attire. ;)