Explorer OTS concierge Denzil

We have been D+ for a little while but we now have learned what a concierge should be and we have been spoiled rotten. Denzil is fabulous. I even thanked him for teaching us what the concierge is supposed to do for us. When we first met, he told us that his job was to make and keep his passengers happy. He did that above & beyond. Anyone who meets and uses him should be happy. Thanks Denzil.

Please tell him the lady that he gave a 'spare room key' to did find her seapass in the cabin. And you could let him know that I posted a review on CC. Thanks.

Ditto - we were on the Explorer in November, and Denzil was the best Concierge we've had on an RCI ship. He goes above and beyond to make sure his guests have a wonderful cruise.

Denzil left for vacation the day we boarded Explorer last November. But he was so helpful through email with all my questions. I was sad to not meet him. We did enjoy Nizar as concierge though.

Thanks for that information. We will be meeting Denzil on June 19th. We have always positive experiences with our concierges, especially Carlos Ortiz on the Explorer. Denzil sounds like he has earned an excellent reputation. I have had a few e-mail communications with him when reserving an over the water cabana for Labadee on our upcoming cruise. He is very responsive and I look forward to meeting him.

Eric

So happy to see all these accolades for Denzil and hope RCI is reading this. He is a delight. For those lucky enough to see him, tell him I said hello. We've been friends ever since we had him as our waiter on our first Explorer cruise several years ago. Just saw him this month and he said he loves his job and apparently it really shows seeing all this. I am not surprised; he is very dedicated. Kudos Denzil!

Denzil is wonderful! We look forward to seeing him again in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had denzil on our 4-24-14 Ex cruise & he not only helped solve problems but he helped the waiters when help was needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived home yesterday from Explorer's 5-22-14 sailing. I passed along all the accolades from everyone (printed this post) to show Denzil. He was very happy to hear all the kind messages from everyone and had that big smile on his face when he was reading the comments.

Denzil did leave for vacation on 5-26, which we were in St Maarten and he will be returning the end of July. Yes, he will be there in October as someone asked me to find out for them.

Nizar is his replacement now.

Thanks for this post OP! :)

The DH and I will be on board the EX for the first time at the end of August,

and then again in early December.

Hope Denzil will be aboard at those times also. Looking forward to meeting

him too!