Baltimore 95 Construction -FYI

MonDreamr1

If you are leaving out of Baltimore check the lane closures before you leave. They are starting a two year construction project shortly. They are supposed to be putting detour info up on the electronic sign boards. Not sure how much of a mess it is going to cause

http://www.mpa.maryland.gov/forms/content/i-95-road-construction

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-03-14/news/bs-md-95-project-20140314_1_mdta-lane-closures-construction-project

"In early May, lanes of southbound I-95 will shift to the right after concrete barriers are installed.

For about three months this summer, the ramp from southbound Interstate 395 coming out of the city will be reduced to one lane. The ramp will be reopened at full capacity before school begins again in August, the MdTA said.

At various times during the project, other ramps will be subject to closures lasting between one and two weeks. Those are the ramps connecting McComas Street to I-95, Washington Boulevard to southbound I-95; Route 295 to northbound I-95; northbound I-95 to Hanover Street; Hanover Street to southbound I-95; and northbound I-95 to Key Highway.

Other ramps will be subject to part-time closures, including the ramps connecting southbound I-95 to northbound I-395; southbound I-395 to northbound I-95; southbound I-95 to southbound Route 295; Russell Street to southbound I-95; northbound I-95 to Russell Street; and southbound I-95 to Caton Avenue.

Portable and overhead electronic signs will be used to share detour information, the MdTA said."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the ramps connecting McComas Street to I-95,

and northbound I-95 to Key Highway.

These are the two that will cause the most disruption... The cruise port is on E. McComas. The first closure will affect people after the cruise. The 2nd (Key Highway) is the way to get to the cruise.

I haven't heard anything on the timing for any of the closures, nor on suggested detours.

Aloha,

John

These are the two that will cause the most disruption... The cruise port is on E. McComas. The first closure will affect people after the cruise. The 2nd (Key Highway) is the way to get to the cruise.

I haven't heard anything on the timing for any of the closures, nor on suggested detours.

Aloha,

John

Drove both North and South today on I95 the exits to the cruise terminal were open in each direction

• 3 weeks later...
Drove both North and South today on I95 the exits to the cruise terminal were open in each direction

Any update on this construction/lane closures? We are coming from Virginia on 95N for a cruise July 4th out of Baltimore. We're planning on driving the day of the cruise due to the short distance.

I highly suggest a free app for smartphones for iphone android etc called waze I use it daily its free use very little data and it gives great info on traffic slowdowns police accidents etc there are some youtube videos about it. I purchased a ibolt case from amazon so I can see phone and I recommend this app often.

Sent from my galaxy s4 phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Any update on this construction/lane closures? We are coming from Virginia on 95N for a cruise July 4th out of Baltimore. We're planning on driving the day of the cruise due to the short distance.

One of the middle lanes of I-95 north is closed from Exit 50(Caton Ave. - which is south of Baltimore) all the way up to the tunnel.

You MUST get in the right hand lane prior to exit 50 in order to get to the cruise port (or downtown for that matter.)

Aloha,

John

I highly suggest a free app for smartphones for iphone android etc called waze I use it daily its free use very little data and it gives great info on traffic slowdowns police accidents etc there are some youtube videos about it. I purchased a ibolt case from amazon so I can see phone and I recommend this app often.

Sent from my galaxy s4 phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Also you can use your Google maps for traffic conditions. All you need to do is go into settings,and check the traffic box.

Google which purchased waze has incorporated it into their map app.