Hotels near Princess cruise port Houston

galelynn

Hi,

We will be flying in for our TA on the Emerald Princess in April 2015. Know nothing about the area or how far the cruise port that Princess uses is? Any suggestions on hotels in the area for a overnight stay, with shuttle to the port?

Distance From Bayport Terminal To Airports:

HOU – 20.9 miles

IAH 48.7 miles

Kemah, @7 miles from Bayport Terminal, is the closest hotel source.

http://www.hotels.com/de1500448/hotels-kemah-texas/?PSRC=G21&dateless=true&destinationid=1500448&rffrid=sem.hcom.US.bing.003.00.02..kwrd%3DZzZz.KBjCMCB1.0.3332972308.102023518767

Edited by Stevesan

• 2 weeks later...

And does anyone who has cruised out of Bayport during the past cruise season recommend spending the night of disembarkation, a Sunday this coming season with Princess, in downtown Houston (before flying home the next day) before transferring to Bush Airport? Someone on these boards mentioned there's not much to do in downtown Houston on Sundays, but there must be some museums or theaters open? Any hotels that are in a good location for sight seeing?

And does anyone who has cruised out of Bayport during the past cruise season recommend spending the night of disembarkation, a Sunday this coming season with Princess, in downtown Houston (before flying home the next day) before transferring to Bush Airport? Someone on these boards mentioned there's not much to do in downtown Houston on Sundays, but there must be some museums or theaters open? Any hotels that are in a good location for sight seeing?

There is almost as much for a visitor to do in downtown Houston on Sunday as any other, just less traffic.:p

http://www.downtownhouston.org/

The Alley Theater for plays:

http://www.alleytheatre.org/alley/default.asp

Edited by Stevesan

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We will be flying in for our TA on the Emerald Princess in April 2015. Know nothing about the area or how far the cruise port that Princess uses is? Any suggestions on hotels in the area for a overnight stay, with shuttle to the port?

We are sailing Emerald in Feb. and staying in Kemah, about 15 miles away. There is a comfort inn about 7 miles away that has a shuttle or taxi to the terminal the morning of the cruise. I looked into it, but decided on the Boardwalk in Kemah instead. It will be valentines day so splurged for something more romantic to kick off our cruise. Staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

Thinking about a cruise next Nov out of Houston. Will drive. Are their park and sail hotels. Parking at the pier? How far from hotel to pier. Thanks for any info.

comfort Inn has a park and Sail for free. Boardwalk Inn is more money, but also has a park and sail.

We are sailing Emerald in Feb. and staying in Kemah, about 15 miles away. There is a comfort inn about 7 miles away that has a shuttle or taxi to the terminal the morning of the cruise. I looked into it, but decided on the Boardwalk in Kemah instead. It will be valentines day so splurged for something more romantic to kick off our cruise. Staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

If you don’t mind my asking, what were the park and cruise rates? Based on a search on TripAdvisor, I think that the Comfort Inn is now a Best Western. I spoke with someone at the Best Western and they quoted me a rate of $179 (which included transportation to and from the pier). The person that I spoke with at the Boardwalk didn’t seem to know anything about the park and cruise option -- unless I was sailing on a Carnival ship.

• 1 month later...
you don’t mind my asking, what were the park and cruise rates? Based on a search on TripAdvisor, I think that the Comfort Inn is now a Best Western. I spoke with someone at the Best Western and they quoted me a rate of $179 (which included transportation to and from the pier). The person that I spoke with at the Boardwalk didn’t seem to know anything about the park and cruise option -- unless I was sailing on a Carnival ship

when I called Bayport directly, the girl told me we could leave our car there all week for free, but she did not have the rates for 2015 out yet for our sail date in Feb. 2015 (they still don't have the rates, I just checked) they thought perhaps mid Aug. I do know based on mock bookings I have done that it could be as much at $200 - $250 a night to stay there. It is our anniversary weekend and Valentine day so we are willing to take the plunge. The other couple joining us on the cruise, will drive down the morning of the cruise from Dallas. There are other places to stay and park that are less expensive, like the hotel you mentioned. I just kept calling around and looking on line. you get different rates depending if you call them or if you book through one of the online sites. I do both, and get different quotes from each for the same thing, confusing, I know?

Edited by Bimmie Girl
adding quotes, would not do it when clicked on quote from pmCruiser