Watching for Lower Fares

When people refer to seeing a lower fare, are they talking specifically about RCCL's web site, or just somewhere on the internet in general? I have seen conflicting info.

We have already booked and paid in full. Are we still eligible for a discount if RCCL posts a lower price on its web site? What about if we see a lower price somewhere else? (I understand the Happy Hour rates only apply to new bookings. But what about just a lower fare in general?)

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I've searched the boards but can't seem to get clarity on this issue.

Thanks.

Sharon

Sharon,I think at this point,it may be a little unclear.

In the past.If prices have fallen.RCI has allowed a refund or upgrade.

But they have never published HH prices on their site (until now).

It seems that they are saying,if it a HH price,no refund as it has always been,but a real lower price,they will give you credit/refund/upgrade of some sort.I think the unclear part is how someone is to know the difference,and are all reps handling this the same.

As far as looking at prices.Since RCI has leveled the playing field in pricing.It seems to be just as easy to go to their site to check pricing.

I use priceline,as it is very user friendly,they are there 24-7 (if I need to call)

they are very helpful when I have changed rooms,or taken advantage of a pricedrop or upgrade.I keep the advance search of their cruises only book marked under my favorites,and I can get a price in under a min ...

I'm going in NOS September 3 and I have received 2 price match already. The first one was $100 and the second $142. But not all the travel agents will get you the refund (It happened to my friend for the same cruise that I got the refund with my Travel Agent). If you can't get the refund by talking to your TA, call RCCL directly and they'll give you an upgrade (That's how my friend solved her situation).

Good luck!

I'm going in NOS September 3 and I have received 2 price match already. The first one was $100 and the second $142. But not all the travel agents will get you the refund (It happened to my friend for the same cruise that I got the refund with my Travel Agent). If you can't get the refund by talking to your TA, call RCCL directly and they'll give you an upgrade (That's how my friend solved her situation).

Good luck!

(beachchick here)

This would be an extremely unusual occurance. If you are booked with at TA, RCI typically won't discuss your booking with you for any reason. It's listed on the booking as "belonging" to the TA.

Also, "and they'll give you an upgrade" is a very broad thing. This also is extremely unusual. They typically do not do this if you can't get a price match. If it's a HH, you get typically get nothing. If it's any kind of "new bookings only," you typically get nothing. If you are booked through a TA and the TA won't match a price, RCI's take is that that's between you and the TA, and you will typically get nothing. That they gave your friend an upgrade in this way is great, but it's also as rare as a blue moon. (Remember too that if a sailing is sold out, an upgrade isn't even an option.)

beachchick

Archived