Looking for advice on travelling with a Toddler

Jordster

The bed ail you posted seems large and awkward to travel with.

Many people just have the couch turned around or use the "pool noodle" trick.

We never brought anything for our child. He didn't fall out of bed at home, so no reason he'd suddenly tumble around on vacation.

Friends of ours just put the couch cushions on the floor in case their son fell out, but by night 3 they stopped.

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of a bed rail, I rolled up a towel and put it under the sheet, which was enough of a bumper to keep them in bed.

Everyone is different, but the MDR was much easier and more enjoyable for us for meals - we ended up eating every meal in the MDR (breakfast, lunch, dinner) because it was easier than the up/down/plate juggle of the buffet. I found it much easier to enjoy a meal with my kids when someone else was bringing the food. The waiters were pretty good about keeping up the pace for us. I always asked for a private table during the open meals (breakfast & lunch) on the premise that others wouldn't want to sit with the toddlers, and we could go much quicker.

Best,

Mia

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I see you've already done a cruise with your 10 month old son. We're due to set sail on freedom on 8/31 with our 10 month old daughter. Any hints or tips you could offer? The high hairs that they on the ship, what are they like?

Thanks, christina

Edited by 0430riser

We just returned from the Freedom on Sunday with our son who is 10 months old. We had a wonderful time and would not 2nd guess going again!

We used the pack n play they have on the ship which I'd recommend. I'm not sure if the rail would fit on the bed but I def. do not think it'd fit on the couch. They had a weird shape at the bottom, not your normal couch style near the bottom.

We loved royal tots and our son did too. He is also very open to new people so I know that made it a bit easier. However, the staff was wonderful when we saw them with the children who were having a harder time. We really have nothing bad to say about the service and would recommend highly. They do give you a phone so if they have any issues they will give you a call if they need you to come back.

Did not use monitor.

We rented a private car and they provided the car seat for us free of charge. They picked us up from MCO and dropped us off at the hotel in Cocoa Beach and then did a return trip. We did take the hotel shuttle to the port and we held him during that portion.

Oops, try again !!

Hi there. I see you've already done a cruise with your 10 month old son. We're due to set sail on freedom on 8/31 with our 10 month old daughter. Any hints or tips you could offer? The high hairs that they on the ship, what are they like?

Thanks, christina

Edited by 0430riser