It does pay.....

dawnjam1

WoW! I got SO busy I missed all of these replies! Sorry! I have sailed for years but normally do big group bookings so I am pleased to be doing this the fun way! Ok with paying what I booked at, but challenged by the hunt! Lol! I won't pay final till 35 days or so out even if I only hold out 500 or so just for this reason. After I will take OBC. We are sailing in August as well and booked under the early summer promo that is the same $50 dep and 30 days to sailing to pay. Could save more on Guarantee but do not want to lose control of where we are placed on this one. My category has often been more than balcony rooms on this very expensive sailing but location is vital to me as it is my 6 year olds first cruise. My category has been sold out for months.

Here's to keeping ourselves on the edge of our seats checking our rates! Adds to the excitement! Enjoy your cruises!

Dawn

If you get a price drop and then realize that it's dropped yet again, can you still receive the second? It looks like I've got about $250 drop but we don't sail until August. I'm wondering if I should wait and see if it drops even more. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi.....unless something has changed since October 2013, we received two or three price drops on our last year cruise and were able to get each price drop. We didn't pay final payment yet and we booked Past Guest - we book through a TA and it wasn't an issue. Personally I wouldn't wait to secure a price drop. You never know when the rates will go back up..........$250 is a great reduction.......wow!:)

OH YEAH! I forgot to say that! SORRY! I used to work for the cruise line! DO NOT EVER, EVER WAIT! Grab it while you can! Something better might come later that you CAN'T take, but you did the best at that time with what you had to work with!

It fluctuates too much!

Dawn

I read this thread yesterday and it inspired me. I had already gotten a $350 price reduction (through Travelocity) when I stumbled upon a price drop a couple months ago. So this thread made me curious if the prices had risen since then. They dropped again!

I called Travelocity again. They couldn't give me a price match, perhaps because we had already paid in full. But they bumped us from an outside cabin to a balcony! :D

So even though we were pretty happy with the original price we found months ago, we're now paying less for a nicer stateroom. Thanks for the inspiration, and keep looking at those prices!!!

Thats awesome! How close to sailing are you? I have heard the most price drops come after final payment. Was this true for you?

I had 2 price drops so far after my final payment was made. I'm up to $672 in OBC. woo hoo!

Can anyone tell me why my 'letter' doesn't come up when checking the Fare Viewer? I have an ext aft balcony and my booking says it is 8M but that is not an option on Fare Viewer. I went in and did a mock booking when that happened and it shows $40 cheaper but I wasn't given the option of an ext aft balcony so I have to assume I should look at a regular balcony base price or do I assume ext aft no longer available so no price cuts???? this makes me feel dumb :eek:

Edited by mamieof2

If you get a price drop and then realize that it's dropped yet again, can you still receive the second? It looks like I've got about $250 drop but we don't sail until August. I'm wondering if I should wait and see if it drops even more. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you made final payment? Did you book early saver?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app