It does pay.....

dawnjam1

It does pay to check Fare Viewer several times a day! First of all, I had my first SMALL $20 drop last week and was shocked when there were actually two cabins in my sold out category open up and one of them being the room right next to mine. I had friends that want to book and if they don't get on the ball soon it won't happen....but it has been to my advantage!

Yesterday morning I checked it and the price had SKYROCKETED over $400! I was shocked! Then yesterday before leaving the office, for some reason I decided to look again....I am obsessive that way....and my price had dropped from my price almost $300!!!!! So....in one day they had raised it $400 and dropped it back $700!!!!

Lesson here! WATCH CLOSELY! It CAN pay! Doing the price drop dance! Can not wait to get some R&R!

Dawn

It does pay to check Fare Viewer several times a day! First of all, I had my first SMALL $20 drop last week and was shocked when there were actually two cabins in my sold out category open up and one of them being the room right next to mine. I had friends that want to book and if they don't get on the ball soon it won't happen....but it has been to my advantage!

Yesterday morning I checked it and the price had SKYROCKETED over $400! I was shocked! Then yesterday before leaving the office, for some reason I decided to look again....I am obsessive that way....and my price had dropped from my price almost $300!!!!! So....in one day they had raised it $400 and dropped it back $700!!!!

Lesson here! WATCH CLOSELY! It CAN pay! Doing the price drop dance! Can not wait to get some R&R!

Dawn

I noticed yesterday that Carnival had a new sale which offered cabin guarantees, $50 deposits, and no final payment due until 30 days prior to sail date.

Isn't Carnival sneaky at offering their sale fares as guarantees where they don't have to price match them for those booking under Early Saver??

Ggrr! Congrats to you on grabbing a price drop!

Can someone please explain how to check? I have a balcony and an interior sr on the 8/9 liberty. however, I guess I need to know the category of each cabin.... And will it matter that I've booked with a ta?

In my near 10 years of cruising I have checked obsessively, daily, and have never had more than a $20 price drop. Within the past 7 days I have had 3 price drops resulting in a $220 OBC. I am beyond ecstatic!!!! :D

Can someone please explain how to check? I have a balcony and an interior sr on the 8/9 liberty. however, I guess I need to know the category of each cabin.... And will it matter that I've booked with a ta?

Do a mock booking on the Carnival site. Your best bet is to find an open cabin near your booked cabin (same deck, same category, etc.) when you choose your cabin. You get all the way to the end of a booking without having to actually book & compare the cost to what you paid. If the mock booking is less, call Carnival (or your TA) while still having it onscreen so you can tell them what "sale" you have booked or any other particulars. It helps when they say they can't see it & you say "well it's on my screen right now!" Good luck!

You're not the only one who's obsessive! I changed rooms 3x yesterday b/c Carnival kept releasing more balconies and one happened to open up right next to the group I am sailing with! So now we have 4 cabins in a row and the balcony was $50 cheaper than the one we were in! I must have checked Carnival's site it 10 times and when I text my TA to see if he could snag the room, (my TA is also a great friend that I met while cruising) he kept saying that what was showing on their end was slightly delayed than what Carnival had. But they're awesome TA's and he texted me while I was driving home and said he was able to get me in the room I wanted! But throughout the day, more and more cabins were released so like you said, it does pay to check several times a day and be obsessive about it!:D

Edited by erby2283

Just after I made final payment (Dang should have waited until the last day) got a $65 OBC for a price drop. I originally had the $50 deposit pp and the 30 day final payment with choosing my own cabin and that deal under another name is what they matched to my cabin class. T

I'll keep watching....

More the merrier sale is up if you go through to selecting categories check your prices. Mine was up over 700.00 yesterday. Made that final payment and it's just over 8.00 what I paid. I want some obc!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I typically use a TA to book, but is it better to go through Carnival directly so I can qualify for all the rate reductions that may happen?

Also, is there a better time to book directly, like an early saver, or something even better (??), in order to get the rate reductions?

I noticed yesterday that Carnival had a new sale which offered cabin guarantees, $50 deposits, and no final payment due until 30 days prior to sail date.

Isn't Carnival sneaky at offering their sale fares as guarantees where they don't have to price match them for those booking under Early Saver??

Ggrr! Congrats to you on grabbing a price drop!

Actually, Carnival will price match an Early Saver guarantee. We've received over 700 dollars in price reductions since we switched to balcony guarantee with ES. :D

I called my TA and was told I could upgrade from my 7th floor interior room to an 8th floor balcony. And I would also receive a $290 OBC. My excitement dropped slightly when she called me back and said I wasn't eligible for the OBC because we're into the penalty time frame (we sail in 27 days). I'm not sure why that matters since I'm already paid in full. But hey, I'll take the free balcony upgrade. Especially since when I booked the cruise a balcony would have cost me $1,000 more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you get a price drop and then realize that it's dropped yet again, can you still receive the second? It looks like I've got about $250 drop but we don't sail until August. I'm wondering if I should wait and see if it drops even more. Suggestions?

If you get a price drop and then realize that it's dropped yet again, can you still receive the second? It looks like I've got about $250 drop but we don't sail until August. I'm wondering if I should wait and see if it drops even more. Suggestions?

You receive the drops every time. Don't wait or the price could go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dawn

Yea they raise the price up and have a "sale" that includes on board credit. Then when they sell those they put it back down. not really a sale sale. They are famous for these. They must work they do it all the time.

I've been using Fare Viewer and a cruise price alert web site to track pricing on the cruise my family is taking in June (booked in January under Early Saver). The cruise got turned into a 'Carnival Live' cruise the day after I booked so I figured there would be no price drops on this one. Low and behold, I got a price alert last Saturday stating that the military rate dropped $80 per cabin below what I paid. I got another alert yesterday with another $20 per cabin drop!

My sons' father is retired military and he's sailing with us so I submitted his DD214 and I hope we're able to get the difference as OBC--final payment was last month. Even if not, I'm still fine with the price that we booked at. We're all looking forward to the cruise either way, but it'd be great to get the extra spending money :D

Thank you for the reminder!:D

Dawn