Kids Club on NOS

What age? My daughter was on it last year right before she turned 9. She really loved it but my almost 12 year old had zero interest. That probably has to do more with her age vs the club. I, personally, didn't see anything super impressive myself but all I can tell you is that my daughter loved it. They did a lot of games and also had a short little talent show towards the end that was really cute.

She didn't live in there like she did on the Disney cruise though but I was happy with that. At the ages my kids are now, as well as the fact that my parents were on that trip also I didn't want them in the kids club constantly.

Debbie

They will be four, just shy of their fifth birthday.

I hope that they will like it enough to give DH and me time enough to have one or two meals alone and maybe a little time for the slot pull that the roll call group is organizing. ;)

Even on the Disney cruises it takes some cajoling to get them to stay in the club while DH and I enjoy Remy or Palo. I think you are right about age, though, and I anticipate that they are just entering the age where the kids club will be more interesting.

Are the clubs usually crowded? Are they pretty secure? How do they contact you if you are needed? Do the kids have bands that they wear?

They will be four, just shy of their fifth birthday.

I hope that they will like it enough to give DH and me time enough to have one or two meals alone and maybe a little time for the slot pull that the roll call group is organizing. ;)

Even on the Disney cruises it takes some cajoling to get them to stay in the club while DH and I enjoy Remy or Palo. I think you are right about age, though, and I anticipate that they are just entering the age where the kids club will be more interesting.

Are the clubs usually crowded? Are they pretty secure? How do they contact you if you are needed? Do the kids have bands that they wear?

While it's been a while since the grandchildren were that age, it seems to be the optimum age group. They do a great job of engaging the kids. The 3-5 group gets pagers in case you are needed and the kids all wear wristbands with their muster stations. They are very secure.

Unfortunately as much as I'm more of a Royal fan over Disney, Royal fails miserably in the ability to contact a parent if needed. The Disney paging system is beyond awesome and made our whole trip more relaxing. I think he will definitely like it enough to give you some alone time but you will also have to go back and check on him or set a predetermined time with him to pick him up.

If he didn't like Disney he might really like Royals kids clubs. Disney seemed a lot crazier and louder and in general just a lot louder. My kids loved it but I can see how some might not. Of course staff makes all the difference. I will say that it was never overcrowded. It was always a relatively small group of kids. Not so small that it wasn't fun but small enough that it was relatively calm in there. They played a lot of organized games and it wasn't total chaos so if that is his thing, he will like it.

I forget because my daughter always wanted to eat with us but it seems like you can sign him up for dinner in there and maybe lunch.

I always just go in with a really positive attitude with the kids and really talk the club up.

Debbie

• 3 months later...

Hi, we were on the Navigator in July. My daughter was 4, and went to the kids club. She was okay for the first two nights, but then she wasn't happy about going back in. I told the Adventure Club personnel and they gave me a pager that they could page me with to come get her if she was crying. The first time with the pager I never got a page and was excited thinking everything was good. It wasn't. She was sitting on the floor crying and they said that she did ask for them to page me but they wanted to wait a little before they did so. The second time they gave me a pager and I told them not to wait awhile to page me, page me right away and I would come get her. I never got a page. When I went to go get her only after an hour - didn't want to push it - she was again sitting in the corner quietly crying. They stated they paged me, but the pager either didn't work or I didn't hear it...

So, not sure what happened with her. She goes to preschool everyday and I'm thinking that the personnel in there wasn't as warm and friendly as her teacher...

I almost don't want to write this because I don't want you to have a "black cloud" over your head worrying about this cruise. There were a lot of kids in her room (ages 3-5) and I think all the others were having a great time. Since it sounds like you have two kids in the same room, they will probably be just fine. If my daughter could have been with her brother (age 10) she would have been fine as well.

They had a science night and a cooking night that she came back with some little goodies that they either made or played with. We did get colorings that she did while she was there. The little potty's are adorable and perfect for kids. They also made each take off their shoes and wash their hands when they first got in.

Let me know if you have any other questions that you think of.