Royal Carribean Online Reservation System the worst

All I want to do is book an excursion and a drink package and so far I have had no luck!

It's funny they don't have a problem accepting your final payment, but cannot help with anything else.

I am beyond aggravated!!!

Yes, that's why they have a menu on the phone - if you want to purchase a cruise- bingo- you get straight through, but if you want to talk about anything else, take a ticket take a seat, it's gonna be a while..:(

i have never been able to figure out why cutovers to new systems are so poorly managed. as an IT professional myself, when we implement a new system we have to follow the following process:

- Create the new system in a test environment

- The test implementation must have a backout plan that also needs to be tested in case the new system doesn't work as advertised.

- User test the new application

- get feedback on what works and what doesn't

- use feedback from users to make changes to the system prior to full rollout

- implement change in production (online for general use)

- if system doesn't function as it did during the tests, implement the backout plan and revert to old system until the issues get resolved.

These are very simple steps to follow and reduce the number of impacts to the end user. Impacts = money.

I would be fired if we rolled out a system this bad to the general user and LEFT IT UP AND RUNNING IN A BROKEN STATE.

What I am seeing is a general pattern that says Royal Caribbean is growing too quickly and is not prepared to keep up with the growth. their wait times on the phone are over 25 minutes each time you call.

Usually this means you have too many callers and not enough staffing.

but if you're getting more business, that means you're also making more money and therefor need to invest this money in growing your staffing to accommodate the growth.

Otherwise, your customers will help you reduce your call volume by leaving.

I just made Diamond status, but there are no loyalty perks that are worth having a long term relationship with a company that doesn't know how to handle customer calls properly.

I personally have been considering looking at other cruise companies for future cruises and cancelling the ones I have because I don't want to get any more invested in a company that doesn't show any signs of getting better with handling customers.

This isn't going to be one of those battered spouse situations where they don't treat me right, and I just keep giving them more love.

Took 3 days and finally could make one reservation for dinner!!

Bravo!!!

But cant delete or modify two other reservations

And a thank you to the customer service staff who said they'll call me back 3 days ago.

What is more confusing is that in the dinner pull down menus in reservations they have 2 Day 8's - on our cruise

Day 8 March 8

Day 8 March 9

Can't figure that out

Still cant get a credit or cancel a reservation