Kristiansand, how close can you get to dock with car?

Fingers crossed someone on her is a local or did pay attention on a previous visit, unlike myself. ;)

For an upcoming cruise to Norway, we're renting a car in Kristiansand to get out. Just trying to work out what we should expect more or less to work with. Dad will be the one picking up the car, so far so good. He'll be coming back afterwards to pick us up. I'm just wondering how close by or far of one can get with a car at the dock in Kristiansand. If it makes a difference; there will be EU handicapped parking permits at hand for both myself and dad.

Reason for trying to work out what we're working with; I'm pretty much fully bedridden. Not stopping me from travel, but does require some planning. Esp. since my new powerchair that provides me what I need to be mobile while flat is taking for ever to get and will definately not be here in time. Car rental and adapting the car so I can lie down, is a good way to still get out and about some and see something. Just working out what will be most practicle for my transfer from stateroom to car. Will have both my current powerchair and manual chair with me. Very long shot from suitable, but it'll have to do. Manual will probably be best fitting in this scenario. For me every minute I do need to sit counts badly, so trying to get a bit of an image of the distance/time involved we will be looking at to transfer from stateroom to car and vice versa.

The car rental we're looking at has a location in the center of Kristiansand, pretty close to the dock, the dronningens gate.

I can remember there being a theatre with a terras right on the dock, almost literally across from were we docked previously. So suspect cars can get pretty close to the area, but wondering if anybody might have any factual knowledge and/or specific details.

We were there on the Eclipse last year and moored at the quay by the green A

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sj%C3%B8lystveien&daddr=Sj%C3%B8lystveien&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=58.138362,7.998455&sspn=0.003375,0.009431&geocode=FVsbdwMdcAp6AA%3BFXckdwMdHgh6AA&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=17

I remember we walked along the quayside toward where the theatre is marked (past the big rock in the water channel!) and there was a security gate. The tourist board were running their road 'train' and that picked up outside the gate. It came in from the fish market area at about the green B. I assume this is an old photo , as there was no construction when we were there and there were cars parked in the area, so I would think you will certainly get to the security gate. I can't for the life of me remember seeing any tour buses (ie did they let them onto the quayside or keep them 'outside'). Perhaps Dad can have a word with security on the way out and they might let him bring the car to near the gangway. Sorry I can't be more help (I checked my photos and I didn't take any of that area!).

Simon