Silk flowers

I'm thinking it'd be much more cost effective to get silk flowers for the bouquets/Boutineers, corsages, etc. Has anyone had any problems in bringing on your flowers for the ceremony? Have your ordered yours online, from a place you loved and would recommend?

THANK YOU!

Carnival has no problem with silks and bringing those on. If you're an embarkation bride, than your flowers will be inspected by security as you board.

We ordered real-touch silks from afloral.com. Ours were a closeout, so we got a great deal and they arrived quickly. I want to say we spent a little under $100 for two bridal bouquets, two small MoH bouquets, 3 corsages, 4 bouts, the flower girl bouquet, and toss petals.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I'm making ours. We will use the provided bouquet as a tosser later that night. My bouquet is going to be a brooch bouquet so that each of my friends can provide one, that way each of them will join me as i walk down the aisle even if they couldn't join us physically. I decided to make silk corsages for our mothers and boutineers for our fathers because otherwise they won't have any.

I'm doing silk blue orchid and gardenia bouquets that I'm making myself. I bought everything from afloral.com, ebay, and Michaels. Afloral.com has pretty good quality and prices, especially if you go with Real Touch flowers. I'm also using some of the blue orchids to decorate the cake. My wedding coordinator actually said that bringing my own silk bouquets is a good idea.

We may use the provided bouquet for toss. Although we only have one unmarried female attending our wedding, so we will probably skip the toss. Or if we do it, I may just toss it over the rail to all the single cruisers around the Lido Deck or something. Must likely we will just use it to have fresh roses in our room all week.

I live in FL & we're getting married on embarkation day, we got silk purple hydrangeas & some purple peonies at Southern Hospitality in plant city fl. My mom is making all the bouquets & boutonnieres. Our colors are gray & purple. So mine with be white hydrangeas with touches of the purple. I wasn't into the white roses from Carnival- so will use that or make up a small separate bouquet to toss. It is important to me to have our personal touches since its limited since carnival handles everything.. so we're having this large wood anchor as our guest book, we're doing 2 separate favors, small muslin bags w a personalized stamp with our names & date on it w an anchor w salt water taffy inside. Then personalized koozies.

imagesCARZTKDK.jpg.5edf7c4d2a45cc104ce2fd97bdc92571.jpg

896102523_grapecharcoal.jpg.aefed119bb1b8c724aa9811aabf79890.jpg

Grape.jpg.db0b0be590845f554f7407c67ce4fbc2.jpg

icm_fullxfull_38775970_p2yorsy7zascsoskogko.jpg.1b4cbacad72e987d86f98968fdb83709.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, I was looking and realized how much changed since my previous post, which was just 3-weeks before my wedding. So, now post-wedding, I thought I would provide an update.

I had bought some premade Real Touch blue orchid bouquets from afloral.com, with the intention of dismantling them and adding white gardenias and greenery. I kept procrastinating on my bouquets and when I finally got around to them, last minute, they didn't turn out how I had hoped. So, being frustrated and out of time, I decided to just go simple and use the pre-made orchid bouquets. I just added ribbon to the stems. For my bouquet, I did disassemble one bouquet to add to mine, so it was larger and added some greenery to it. And we didn't do any boutonnieres for guys or corsages for moms. We just didn't think they were necessary.

But, the pre-made $10 Real Touch bouquets actually looked great on the wedding day. My photographer commented on how nice they smelled and was shocked when I told her they were fake flowers, because she thought they were real. And one of my BM's went to their room to discover that the room steward had put their bouquet in water. So, you certainly don't need to worry about Real Touch flowers looking fake.

We also deconstructed one bouquet to use on the cake. My attempt at a cake topper with them failed, so the coordinator just assembled them on our cake for us and she did a great job.

_OJ_6547.jpg.a6eeec2d167ef6685150ca362dd8e141.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg.e13cf465eab940b3bf21a4ca8163904b.jpg

IMG_0265B.jpg.5b0c1f066f3cb8d64410c6cdf84d8273.jpg

_OJ_6662.jpg.a74ca47d72f0d25726aed425f8f7d1b8.jpg

Yeah, as usual I tried overthinking it and making it more complicated than it needed to be. Once I gave in and just decided to just use what I had and simplify everything, I was very pleased with the result.

I had bought some premade Real Touch blue orchid bouquets from afloral.com,

They were definitely gorgeous. I just did the flowers for my sister's wedding and I wish I had had time to order from afloral.com Their prices are AWESOME and the flowers definitely beautiful. I ended up doing daisies and pinwheels for her.

I did bookmark this site in case I decided to get the boutienerres from them. I am looking for a masculine brooch/pin to use right now since it is the theme I am going with for my bouquet and the mothers' corsages. However for these prices if I end up going with flowers this will be the place!