1st timer magica easter 06

lisascruisin

My first time cruisin, husband, self, daughter 9, son 13. Have few ? so hopefully someone can help. First booked cat 2 inside, read the lower you are, the less waves, 1700./4 taxes incl. Then as I am going through the forum, I find some paid the same for ov? Guess I can't change now. Anyway, dinner? is it sit down menu or buffet or choice? I read the tips are automatically charged to acct. do you still tip add'l? or only certain people? Am I able to bring bottle water and juice without smuggling them in? Already learned the mouthwash bottle trick for alcohol. Am I able to bring my own insulated mugs and walk around the ship w/ them. Toga night? Do we use the sheets from our bed or bring our own attire? Good idea to let kids dine w/kids club on formal nights? I think that is all for now, any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For dinner, you will be allocated a table in one of the two restaurants, (Portofino or Smeralda) at whichever sitting you have requested. On arrival in your cabin , there will be a card with details of your restaurant and table number.

You will eat at this table every night if you want to, and there is a different five course menu every night.You can also request a jug of iced water on the table.

Although you could choose to go to the Bellagio for self-service, or the Vincenza for an extra charge (20 euros per person).

Yes, tips are added to your account - it's up to you if you want to tip extra.

Cant answer question about Toga night, as we were in the Med on the Magica, and they dont do Toga nights there.

Children can eat with you if they want to - we dont have young children, but it didnt seem to be a problem on formal night.

Hope some of that helps a bit.

On Toga night, the steward will leave clean sheets for all in the cabin with instructions and a gold laurel headpiece too. My kids ate with us on formal nights because they wanted too and that to me was part of the cruise experience. They went to the kid's club after the show so we could enjoy ourselves a bit. They babysit free of charge until 1.30 am.

As for the water and juice they are always available as is coffee all day in the buffet area, so I don't see a problem bringing your own on and also filling up your cup.

I would call Costa and see about changing your cabin, maybe with the Free kids deal they have going on at the mo, you could get the better cabin as far as I am aware if you have only paid your deposit you can change your cabin, prior to paying your full price.

Archived