Wearing wedding dress to dinner that night on embarktion

So me & my fiancé are getting married on carnival paradise on embarkation day so his fam who isn't sailing can all attend. Now I know the ceremony will be 15min, then reception 1.5hrs, then we have photos after.. so I'm going to change after all pics into something comfy but want to put my bustled gown back on for dinner that night, formal or informal I don't care. The fact that my custom dress w everything was $1200 makes me want to get the most out of it! I also got a beautiful short bridal dress to wear to the formal night later in the cruise, this is our wedding cruise & we want it to all be very special & with it being our honeymoon also I want it to be all about our new marriage. So wanted to get everyones feedback, even though I'm not changing my mind LOL.. I think with a typical wedding, a ceremony is like hr in a church & receptions like 4 or 5hrs.. so I just wanna get my moneys worth is all.. and if its bustled it wont be a PITA..

100_4505.jpg.277f6eae9b556a3040efc1d362f25319.jpg

My fiancé and I are getting married 11/8/2014 and set sail on the Carnival Dream the next day, we're doing going to the Justice of the Peace and I'm wearing an ivory short dress and I'm changing into something else for our celebration luncheon (I'll be in the dress for about 5 to 10 minutes for the ceremony and then it's coming off!). I believe our formal nite is the second nite so I'll be wearing my dress as well and in actuality it's a bridesmaid dress but I liked the style of it and just ordered it in ivory....glad to know I wasn't the only one wanting to do this. LoL. If that's what you wanna do then do it girl! I think some women don't do it because they're worried about the dress getting dirty but it's a celebration for you two, why not show it off!!! When's the big day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think that is utterly charming. People will be happy for you. I had a 30th anniversary ceremony on Princess. I wore a white outfit and had a bouquet. It was a formal night anyway, but someone asked me if I got married! I think it was really nice and it's a nice thing to do. Bring your bouquet to dinner too and have it at the table if you want. Get a lot of joy out of that dress. Who doesn't enjoy seeing a bride?

I got married on the island of St. Thomas in April and we were back on the ship at 4:30. I was still in my dress for dinner at 7 that night. Do it, its fun, its for you. You only get to be the center of attention for a few short times in your life so why not live it up!

Absolutely go for it; I am! We are getting married in Key West, on the beach and celebrating on Duval St then back to the ship for a reception and you bet your bippy I'm wearing my dress ALL day and throughout the evening!

I'm a 52 year old bride and this will be my second marriage, but the first one to Mr. Wright. Anyway, I'm not wearing white, I'm wearing a light pink, but my fiancée and I were talking about this very subject yesterday. I plan to wear my dress to dinner that night as well, and I want our bridal party to wear their wedding clothes too. I hadn't thought about taking my bouquet though. Since our bridal party consists of our daughters and their husbands, we are all sitting together for dinner and I just want to continue the celebration, we will go to a nice little club after dinner as well as a bridal party. I've told the kids that the wedding day was for all of us, after we go to bed that night I expect to see them for dinner every night but other than that, they are free to do what they want, and since we are paying for their cruises, I can get away with making those demands!

If I were younger and this were my first marriage I would totally want to wear my white dress every second I could!

Absolutely wear it. You look gorgeous in both dresses, by the way.

I'm also doing embarkation wedding. I figure that reception ends at 3, then there are photos & muster drill, etc., so there really isn't that much down time before dinner. And wedding party is all joining us for dinner as a continuation of the celebration. So, I plan to just stay in my dress all day. Besides, I have corset back, so it's too much trouble to take off and on. I will bustle it right after the ceremony, so it should be fairly easy to move around in. And your dress looks like it's relatively comfortable (if it was a super tight, mermaid style or something, it may be tougher to move around in all day), so make the most of it while you can.

We are also getting dressed up again at one of the ports to get some beach photos in our wedding attire. My sister has a professional quality camera and will take the photos for us (for free!). That way we get some gorgeous beach photos and we may be able to save money on the photo package by purchasing less photos. But, that night, fiancée and I are debating doing dinner at the steak house, just the two of us, and staying dressed up for it.

I told my daughter I thought she SHOULD wear her wedding dress to dinner that night. I know that the wedding in port will be relatively short and she'll have a nice time wearing it at the reception for the people who won't be cruising but then there will be 30+ of us cruising and we'll all be doing early seating dinner (assuming we'll have an "area" where we can do our own unassigned seating) - I thought it would be special....the wedding dinner after the reception, lol.....and I'm assuming she won't ever wear it again after that day, so use it!

I just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS to all you wedding couples! Brides....wear those dresses as long as you like.....it's a very special time.....ENJOY!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coming from someone celebrating a 25th wedding anniversary this year WEAR IT!!! It's your day!! Enjoy every minute of it!! Congratulations and best of luck to you all!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I plan to wear mine to drinks and dinner after the wedding. We are getting married on embarkation day and not all of our sailing friends are joining us for the ceremony. They will serve our cake at dinner that night also. That way they all get to experience some of the joy of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting married on the carnival breeze in november. My dress is long and has a corset back and I absolutely love it so I plan on wearing that thing all day and night!!!! I may even wear it to the lady antebellum concert at sea the next night too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Congratulations to all of you who are getting married in the near future.

Those few short hours slip by so quickly, so I would certainly say....Wear those dresses girls, all day and night.

A few years down the road, you may end up wearing the trousers, so enjoy.LOL

(still happily married after 45yrs)

Here's me and my new husband with the Captain on the Allure of the Seas this past January. This was the second formal night. This was the dress I wore to my (restaurant) reception. (My ceremony dress was a corseted ball-gown). We were married in Savannah on our way to the ship. I took my bouquet, and enjoyed in our cabin the entire week!ImageUploadedByForums1403697507.066468.jpg.69a9d593f2d3183a5a8b203841ec7386.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to wear you dress then go for it! Its your wedding day do whatever makes you happy. I know I plan to do the same thing. my Dress is only $250 but I want to get the most out of it and plan to not only wear it to dinner but I also have fallen in love with the whole Trashing your dress. Do whatever make you happy :D

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely go for it; I am! We are getting married in Key West, on the beach and celebrating on Duval St then back to the ship for a reception and you bet your bippy I'm wearing my dress ALL day and throughout the evening!

We got married in Key West too, had lunch at Bagatelle, and then stayed in our wedding attire for dinner on the ship. We docked at Outer Mole, so we had to take the conch train to Mallory Square, and we got so much attention! It was great, it is definitely a memory you won't forget. Everyone we passed on the ship and the island, wished us well and celebrated with us! Enjoy it and congratulations!

To the OP, DO IT! Enjoy the attention and well-wishes that you will inevitably receive. Get some mileage out of that dress! Congratulations!

That sounds like a terrific idea! Barring spills, the dress probably wouldn't get very dirty between the ceremony and the dinner, so it's best to get all the mileage you can out of it! And people will be congratulating you two all day!