a new goal

My husband and I booked an anniversary cruise for November 2015 and I want to look good for it. In order to look better and be healthier I would like to lose about 30 pounds and do a lot of toning. Since I use a wheelchair, a lot of the traditional exercises are out for me but I still think I can do it with swimming and weights. Anyone want to join me so we can motivate each other?

• 3 weeks later...

I cruise a lot earlier than you (Oct 2014) but I am also trying to lose 30lbs (not necessarily by Oct ;)) and get toned. Would love to start swimming again (it has been way too long!) since it is such great exercise. I just have to get out and DO IT! Once I start I am good, but getting motivated to start is hard.

Have started to eat better and smaller portions. So far have lost 3lbs in one week - that has really helped with the motivation issues.

Sounds good! I need to lose a lot more than 30 lbs., and we're cruising end of November of this year. I'd really love to get at least 20 lbs. off by then. In the middle of moving right now, hoping the extra activity gives me the motivation to keep going. Extra encouragement is never a bad thing though. Let's do it! :)

My husband and I booked an anniversary cruise for November 2015 and I want to look good for it. In order to look better and be healthier I would like to lose about 30 pounds and do a lot of toning. Since I use a wheelchair, a lot of the traditional exercises are out for me but I still think I can do it with swimming and weights. Anyone want to join me so we can motivate each other?

I am here to motivate encourage and read your great progress as you loose

I too have health issues which makes exercising not as easy but am going to get some in a little at a time as my body will allow

Our cruise is in October and I have gained 70 lbs in two years that has to come off but goal is to loose 20 lbs by cruise time

Here's to us loosing getting healthier and thinner

Have a Blessed Day :)