cell phones

I was on the HAL Zuiderdam last April, and after enjoying a wonderful day of $$$hopping in St. Thomas, I re-boarded about 1 p.m. and headed to the aft pool just to sit and relax! The lady sitting next to me continued to raise her voice louder and louder as she attempted to talk to her kids back home on her cell phone. I'm sorry, but I don't really care about Little Susie's ballet class, Junior's homework, or the babysitter's plans for dinner (Little Johnny doesn't like tomatoes). I thought it was really annoying, so I moved to another side of the pool. I cruise to get away from some of this technology. Yes - I take my cell phone with me, but I only use it while driving to and from the airport in Atlanta...in case of an emergency. I re-charge it on the last night of my cruise. During the cruise, it's locked in my in-room safe. Glad to be rid of it for a week!! Just my thoughts.

As you know, all phones and networks are different, with that in mind I can explain how my phone work. I utilize a 325-LG that works off the Sprint PCS network. This is a Dual-Band/Tri-Mode phone. Before adding the required International Plan to my phone at a rate of $6 per month, I first have to view the coverage area to the region (s) that I'm traveling to in order to determine if Sprint has coverage with the type of phone that I have. The rates vary by region from $1 to $1.99 per minute. With my cruise in April 2006 I know that I will have coverage in George Town, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel based on the information obtained on the carrier's website.

You sound like one of the rude cell phone talkers that I have to deal with daily. Since this is a message board anyone can voice their opinion. Nothing wrong with common courtesy.

Yes I have a cell phone. It stays on vibrate all the time unless I'm at home. I however do not get all fired up if someone at the table next to me in a restaurant is talking on their cell phone instead of to the people at their table. If some of you would quit looking for stuff that "annoys" you, maybe you wouldn't waste some of your vacation time bothered by what other people are doing. First it was the booze smugglers, then kids, then chair hogs, andf now it's cell phones...

Archived