Elation Upgrades? When? Reviews?

Does anyone know what upgrades the Elation is expected to receive during dry dock? And also, after a bit of research, I've found the dry dock is scheduled 9/25/14 - 10/09/14...Are they usually accurate with sticking to this schedule (we're supposed to sail her mid November, so I'd hate them to run late)! :rolleyes:

Also, have there been any recent photo reviews on her? My search button on the forums seems to never be working, and I'd love to read some! It's been years since we were on the Elation...

Does anyone know what upgrades the Elation is expected to receive during dry dock? And also, after a bit of research, I've found the dry dock is scheduled 9/25/14 - 10/09/14...Are they usually accurate with sticking to this schedule (we're supposed to sail her mid November, so I'd hate them to run late)! :rolleyes:

Also, have there been any recent photo reviews on her? My search button on the forums seems to never be working, and I'd love to read some! It's been years since we were on the Elation...

I have been following this too since I was considering Elation in late November. I read this online:

As of May 16, 2014, Go CCL is showing 9/25/14 - 10/09/14 as the dates for the Carnival Elation's dry-dock on the ship's fact sheet. Also as of May 16, 2014, the Carnival booking engine is showing that these dates are blocked off. The Carnival Elation was listed on the original FunShip 2.0 implementation schedule, but that schedule was removed from Carnival's website and has not been followed exactly since then. There is no indication yet if the Carnival Elation will receive FunShip 2.0 or not. No official information about upgrades or changes have been released.

Hopefully not running late. I know that there is a sailing on 10/9 and then my sailing is on 10/13. I don't know what they have in store during that time. I have not heard if it is just routine maintenance or upgrades. I am definitely interested in finding out though.

Edited by cruzinlisa

I would not worry as we have been on other sailings right after upgrades & dry docks and they are always completed on time as they would lose a lot of money if they have to cancel a sailing. I was surprised as to how nice the Elation looks. It is in much better shape then the Ecstasy. Hope it gets a Guys burgers! Glad you enjoyed Queenies slideshow-she's such a ham!

Edited by slybear

As far out as these dry dock events are planned, I'd be very surprised if the dates changed. My fingers are crossed for some 2.0 upgrades. At least Guy's and Blue Iguana!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As far out as these dry dock events are planned, I'd be very surprised if the dates changed. My fingers are crossed for some 2.0 upgrades. At least Guy's and Blue Iguana!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So if they do that what will they take away?

The stir fry spot?

I don't know about the upgrades, but here's the link to my review of the Elation from last summer http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1875908. I hope that works!

I'm getting ready to go on the Elation again in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks! Loved reading about your trip and seeing your beautiful photos!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...