Faster to the Fun - how many to buy??

JediMom

Just one, the entire cabin is covered for $49. But FYI, if you are travelling with folks in another cabin, they are NOT COVERED, even if they are family, children, whatever. It only covers the names in YOUR cabin.:)

I point this out because there was a thread last week where an OP was trying to lump their child in with their FTTF, but the child was NOT booked in their cabin. That won't work.;)

Just one, the entire cabin is covered for $49. But FYI, if you are travelling with folks in another cabin, they are NOT COVERED, even if they are family, children, whatever. It only covers the names in YOUR cabin.:)

I point this out because there was a thread last week where an OP was trying to lump their child in with their FTTF, but the child was NOT booked in their cabin. That won't work.;)

Not necessarily. If the second stateroom only has minors (Carnival considers minors to be under 21 years of age,) they will have priority embarkation, disembarkation and tendering.

Platinum and Diamond guests can each take up to five others on the tenders with them who normally would not qualify for priority tendering. It is unconfirmed if Faster to the Fun is allowed to take others with them, as well.

Not necessarily. If the second stateroom only has minors (Carnival considers minors to be under 21 years of age,) they will have priority embarkation, disembarkation and tendering.

I wonder if this is consistent across the fleet? There was certainly no effort from Carnival to stop me from buying FTTF for our 2nd cabin that was registered to our 19-year-old and 14-year-old sons and linked to our reservation. In fact, I'm pretty sure that multiple phone reps told me I DID need it for both cabins.

I will definitely check for myself before I cruise with Carnival again. Don't want to buy it if I don't have to!!!

I wonder if this is consistent across the fleet?

Um no, there's no consistency across Carnival's fleet.

You have to go in with the belief you win some and you lose some. Forget the losses and cherish the wins :D

Edited by fuddrules

I wish it were for children.....because we are traveling with 6 of our children in 5 different cabins and it would be a savings if kids got to just "join us" for early boarding and tendering. BUT, I do understand how ridiculous this could get if you just opened it up to family and I understand the need for rules and limitations!

One FTTF per Cabin. To be fair names listed for the cabin should be matched when boarding/tendering.

I wish it were for children.....because we are traveling with 6 of our children in 5 different cabins and it would be a savings if kids got to just "join us" for early boarding and tendering. BUT, I do understand how ridiculous this could get if you just opened it up to family and I understand the need for rules and limitations!

One FTTF per Cabin. To be fair names listed for the cabin should be matched when boarding/tendering.

Are you insinuating that Carnival would allow parents to board early using a service they paid for and allowing them to leave their minor children sitting in the terminal waiting for their zone? Same as tendering? That's quite a liability.

Several reps told me as well. My children are in a separate cabin (17&13). They had to have their own FTTF book for their cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How many of Carnival's customer service representatives at their call center have even been on a cruise ship? By the answers they give to questions, you would assume not many even know what a cruise ship is. For all perks other than priority boarding, disembarkation and tendering, it is required to purchase a separate one. However, anything related to safety that goes against their supervised children policy is put into consideration and allows for those three perks to be extended to their stateroom, as long as the stateroom is occupied only by minors.

Edited by Disconnections

Platinum and Diamond guests can each take up to five others on the tenders with them who normally would not qualify for priority tendering. It is unconfirmed if Faster to the Fun is allowed to take others with them, as well.

Be careful. ..I am the OP that was referred to above asking if my 5yr old daughter booked in another cabin could board with us if we only had fttf on one cabin. I'm still dusting of the flames I got.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

How many of Carnival's customer service representatives at their call center have even been on a cruise ship? By the answers they give to questions, you would assume not many even know what a cruise ship is. For all perks other than priority boarding, disembarkation and tendering, it is required to purchase a separate one. However, anything related to safety that goes against their supervised children policy is put into consideration and allows for those three perks to be extended to their stateroom, as long as the stateroom is occupied only by minors.

The reality may be that the official policy is that even a cabin occupied by minors is required to have FTTF to use the perks, but the agents at the port aren't going to force the issue, particularly if none of the kids is actually over 18. However, I can also see them flipping it the other way and saying that the parents may not use their privileges if it means leaving their minor children unsupervised because they don't have FTTF. Most parents would stay with the kids since the kids can't check in alone.

So unless there is a written policy or exception provided, I personally wouldn't risk it. In the grand scheme of the overall cost for a cruise, $50 isn't a ton for the peace of mind.

Are you insinuating that Carnival would allow parents to board early using a service they paid for and allowing them to leave their minor children sitting in the terminal waiting for their zone? Same as tendering? That's quite a liability.

No.....but I do think it would be ridiculous that most reasonable parents would leave their toddlers sitting in the terminal waiting to board :rolleyes: while they just get on the ship (or off the ship at a tender stop) using FTTF; and I think it's unfair for anyone (me) to expect all my children (5 cabins) to get early boarding because one cabin paid for FTTF.

FTTF is voluntary, it's a choice - everyone is still able to board....everyone can still disembark and everyone will still be able to utilize the tender to shore, No One is left behind.....the "wait" may just be a few minutes longer....

If a family wants to be first (or at the beginning of the line) then they just need to buy a pass (FTTF) for each cabin they're utilizing.

But it's voluntary! - If a family chooses not to spend the money for their children's cabin; choosing not to have their children board early then they simply wait and get on one of the regular boarding lines and board as one big happy family :) - no big deal, no danger, no unsafe situation, no unattended minors or toddlers left looking for the boarding ramp or trying to produce a credit card on their own. :D

While I pointed out I have 5 cabins and 6 kids......we can all wait together or we can ALL purchase FTTF..........OR in our case someone can get married and then we'll all move to the front of the line!!!:D:D:D

No.....but I do think it would be ridiculous that most reasonable parents would leave their toddlers sitting in the terminal waiting to board :rolleyes: while they just get on the ship (or off the ship at a tender stop) using FTTF; and I think it's unfair for anyone (me) to expect all my children (5 cabins) to get early boarding because one cabin paid for FTTF.

FTTF is voluntary, it's a choice - everyone is still able to board....everyone can still disembark and everyone will still be able to utilize the tender to shore, No One is left behind.....the "wait" may just be a few minutes longer....

If a family wants to be first (or at the beginning of the line) then they just need to buy a pass (FTTF) for each cabin they're utilizing.

But it's voluntary! - If a family chooses not to spend the money for their children's cabin; choosing not to have their children board early then they simply wait and get on one of the regular boarding lines and board as one big happy family :) - no big deal, no danger, no unsafe situation, no unattended minors or toddlers left looking for the boarding ramp or trying to produce a credit card on their own. :D

While I pointed out I have 5 cabins and 6 kids......we can all wait together or we can ALL purchase FTTF..........OR in our case someone can get married and then we'll all move to the front of the line!!!:D:D:D

From the time I spent being a Cast Member with The Walt Disney Company, I have every reason to believe parents have the potential to leave their children in the terminal and get on the ship.

I didn't think you could have a cabin with only minor children booked in it and that there had to be at least one person of 24 years of age in the cabin unless it's a couple that is married and both are under 24. And then the changes to who is in each cabin made once on board at Guest Services. By that logic, one parent would be in each cabin and FTTF would need to be purchased for both cabins, and there wouldn't have a cabin of just minors to be left behind while parents board FTTF.

I didn't think you could have a cabin with only minor children booked in it and that there had to be at least one person of 24 years of age in the cabin unless it's a couple that is married and both are under 24. And then the changes to who is in each cabin made once on board at Guest Services. By that logic, one parent would be in each cabin and FTTF would need to be purchased for both cabins, and there wouldn't have a cabin of just minors to be left behind while parents board FTTF.

The stateroom does not require a guest aged 25 or higher, as long as their parents or guardians are within three rooms down or directly across the hall.

No the parents would be told to use general boarding.

No the parents would be told to use general boarding.

Carnival would no longer be exceeding guest expectations and denying a service that has been prepaid. The average cruiser, one who is not a member here, would then take a trip to Guest Services and demand a refund. That wouldn't be a logical business decision for Carnival Cruise Lines to make, hence the reason they don't operate that way.