Is the Divina for us

wags

We are a group of 6 in our twenties and are thinking of booking a cruise on the Divina. Could someone please tell us the approximate age span for this ship and if the activities would be for us. Also, has any one booked gty cabins and were you satisfied with your assignment?

We are a group of 6 in our twenties and are thinking of booking a cruise on the Divina. Could someone please tell us the approximate age span for this ship and if the activities would be for us. Also, has any one booked gty cabins and were you satisfied with your assignment?

what is GTY? cabins ?

To anwserthis we need to know the time travel

I sailed in end febury i'm 32 on this cruise my impression where mix âge 30-50

I was book in the yatch club soo.... Cant anwserthis for garanti cabin

what is GTY? cabins ?

GTY cabins are guaranteed cabins.

Which basically means you buy a cabin in a specific category, say inside at the advertised price. At this time, they don't assign you a particular cabin, and you have no say in what cabin you will receive. What they are telling you is that you WILL receive a cabin in that category or BETTER, usually about a week before you sail. But again, you have no say in where they put you. It could be first cabin at the front, or last cabin in the rear.

Many people buy these, as about 50/50 they get some sort of upgrade, but again, it's all up to the cruise line and you have no say.

Cheers

Len

We book inside guarantee cabins on nearly all our cruises. The only time we go higher is when we get sone perk for a higher level cabin (like celebrity's 123 package which required an outside cabin).

We establish a mindset and accept that we are getting the WORST cabin on the ship, and that is fine with us. So, we either get what we expected or get upgraded to something 'better.'

In 12+ cruises, we've been 'upgraded' to a better located inside cabin or an obstructed view outside cabin every time but once on RCCL. HAL gave us the best upgrades.

Age group varies and so does the season. There were be a fair number of Europeans and other nationalities on board. Not knowing where you are coming from, this might or might not be important to you. The ship is continental, but leaning more toward the American market. I would say if you have done some traveling and love meeting a variety of people and keep an open mind, you may have a wonderful surprise.:)

If you are set on Carnival or RCLL it might be a stretch for you.

Configuration of the cabins vary. Insides are smaller than Carnival.

I have done some traveling and many cruises, and this line does it all for me.