Radiance - No Tulum Excursion?

I'm a little bummed out today (though, I am still going on a cruise, so I'm not THAT bummed out). I was looking forward to taking the Tulum Mayan ruin excursion through RCI on our November cruise on Radiance (Western Caribbean route). However, today, I noticed that shore excursion are available for purchase for the November cruise, and Tulum is not one of the excursions listed. Does anybody know why? My only guess is that the time we are in port is too constraining (10am to 7pm) or there are problems with the tour vendor. Also, is there any reason to think that the excursion will become available closer to the sailing date?

Thanks for any input!

My guess is that the tour operator and the town are still picking up and getting things back together after hurricane Emily. I've been reading the yucatan newspapers and they are putting things together for tourism infrastructure first. My guess is the operator isn't ably/ready to commit yet or RCI isn't convinced it's all good to go yet.

If you do go to Tulum, be sure your ready to swim. My first trip there, I hadn't antincipated a swimming beach and I was really bummed that I wasn't prepared.

I agree with Missbear, it is possible that Tulum is not even open to visitors yet... but your port time may also be a factor... those places are not usually open late, and it's a long trip from your port in Cozumel.. so maybe they aren't willing to do it because you arrive late morning.

Thank you for all the input. I hadn't even considered the tropical weather as perhaps being a factor in the tour running or not. I think I'm going to call RCI to see if they may add that tour at a later date, and also consider a private tour.

Thanks again, and happy sailings...

Archived