Luggage in Suites

lindaa

Do the S or PS suites get preferential delivery of their luggage to their cabins? If so, how do the luggage tags indicate special handling? When on a recent RCL cruise, the preprinted luggage tags indicated that a passenger was in a suite. Not that it helped in our luggage delivery...our first nite's dinner on RCL was in shorts since our luggage did not show up until well after dinner was over.:o

Also during disembarkation, since the suite luggage is taken off later in the am, is there a separate location or aisle for picking up the luggage after we get off?

Also RCL had an option that you could sign up for to take your own luggage off the ship in the morning of disembarkation, does Holland?

Thanks for any info...

Every time we have cruised on HAL (over 40+ cruises), we have been in a Suite. We have always had our luggage prior to life boat drill. We are usually all unpacked by the time we go to the 4:15 drill and seeing as I do not 'travel lightly' :) it takes us a little while to unpack.....the point is there is no specific 'priority handling' of Suite pax luggage on embarkation but everyone on the ship gets quick delivery of luggage on HAL.

As to disembarkation, Suite luggage is taken off first. Suites have priority disembarkation and the Suite luggage is always the first grouping you get to when entering the terminal building. You do not HAVE to be the first off the ship as a Suite pax, but you may be in the first group if you wish.

We have been in S suites and non suites and have found absolutely no difference in luggage delivery-it has always been there promptly. We always put it out at disembarkation when we retire for the night. I have heard they have a program where you can take your own luggage with you but it was not advertised on our most recent trip. It has always been there waiting for us as soon as we got off the ship.

Gary

A few years ago, suite passengers used to get their luggage fairly quickly. Not any more.

Only once did we think that we would have to go to dinner in shorts. And that was on our last cruise in May on the Zuiderdam. All luggage - everything was stopped when the fire alarm bells went off - some workers installing new bumpers on a couple of the lifeboats were cutting the rubber to close to the vents and smoke drifted into many areas. Other than that time, we have always had our luggage by lifeboat drill time and are unpacked before we leave for it.

Not all suite luggage is put into the same area. On our last few cruises, HAL has been using a new system in Ft Lauderdale and a different color code. And not all suite passengers are called at the same time. It all depends on the information that you fill out about the second day of the cruise - special form for each cabin.

In my experience, our luggage was brought to our suite by our cabin steward, rather than the regular luggge deliverers. I assumed that that accounted for the earlier delivery. Our luggage has always been their early enough for us to be unpacked before the muster drill.

We are not interested in carrying our own luggage off so I do not know if this is possible. I do know that Suite luggage is kept in a seperate area and is very easy to find once you are off the ship. Also as a Suite passenger, you have the option of disembarking at anytime once the ship is cleared. You may be the first or last off. It is up to you.

One more thing, as a Suite passenger, you may elect to put your luggage out in the morning instead of the night before disembarkation.

Actually two more. On HAL you are permitted to remain in your cabin until you disembark. you do not have to wait in a public area. Nice touch in my opinion. You don't feel as though you get the bum's rush at the end.

Linda

I so agree that it is so nice to be able to remain in our cabin waiting disembarkation. Even though as Suite pax, they always had a room/place where we could wait and they had coffee/juice/danish etc available, I way prefer staying in our cabin. (We can always go to Neptune Lounge if we want something.)

Our luggage has always been delivered by our cabin steward. The stewards all gather at aft elevator waiting for luggage to be brought up and the bring it to the cabins.

Archived