how to obtain shipboard credit on Liberty 9/30

suzy5565

We JUST booked our first cruise, and didn't know that some people get a shipboard credit. We didn't! Do you just ASK for it, or do some travel agents just "throw it in"? I feel like we could've got a better deal. Is it too late? Thanks for your help...

We JUST booked our first cruise, and didn't know that some people get a shipboard credit. We didn't! Do you just ASK for it, or do some travel agents just "throw it in"? I feel like we could've got a better deal. Is it too late? Thanks for your help...

They are usually specials for certain cruises that I know of.. they just don't give you anything.. If you just booked read the emails that are sent to you maybe something will apply to your sailing... Happy Crusin:)

The shipboard credit is usually a group booking perk. My group got the $200. for our Sept. 30th sailing. There are lots of things offered for "Perk Points" As the group leader I always take what most benefits each person in my group, who can turn their nose up at the cash.

I received a $200 shipboard credit when I booked but that was over a year ago last July for my Sept. cruise on Liberty. I was not part of a group. Carnival was only offering it for past guests. I think it was a perk to get people to book the new ship and the Med.

Some cruisers (including myself) get shipboard credits long after booking, just by watching for price drops. Whenever I see a rate less than I paid for my category, I call my Carnival PVP. If it's prior to making final payment, she reduces my final payment....but if it's after final payment, I get shipboard credits. Watch for price drops and make the call.:)

No, nothing is automatically 'given' to you as far as shipboard credits. Sometimes, as mentioned in an above post, they can be given as an incentive to book a cruise, but....usually they give upgrades rather than credits.

Some cruisers (including myself) get shipboard credits long after booking, just by watching for price drops. Whenever I see a rate less than I paid for my category, I call my Carnival PVP. If it's prior to making final payment, she reduces my final payment....but if it's after final payment, I get shipboard credits. Watch for price drops and make the call.:)

Exactly how we got one was the price dropped, we called and the online agency gave us a credit.:)

Archived