Need tip amounts

Ok, I'm getting all the cash for tipping together. I'd like to have everything divided out into envelopes, but it's a little daunting to think about all the situations we may have to tip in, especially excursions. So... I need your advice. And of course I'm not sure what's customary as far as amounts either.

Here's what we are doing:

Private Tour with A-Z in Jamaica-visiting pottery factory, falls, shopping, lunch, fern gully-how much tip is expected and will we need to tip at all the different attractions we go to?

Royal Dolphin Swim-Cozumel

Stingray and Reef- Grand Cayman

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed just trying to figure out how much we are going to use in tips.

Thanks in advance, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Each excursion is different. We generally have small bills ready with us for tipping. Not everyone tips as you'll notice, too. Probably they feel they've spent enough for the tour/excursion. Anyway, we usually base it on how friendly, informative, or helpful they've been. So we give anywhere from $1 pp to $5 and maybe on occasion more. We don't preplan for it specifically, but prepare with having appropriate cash available.

Archived