When to book...Dawn this August

Forest27

So after researching the many options for DH & I to decide from for out vacation this summer (never thought of cruise until very recently...was going to rent cottage on the beach on Cape Cod)...finally decided to take the Boston to Bermuda Cruise on the Dawn (August 1-8). I KNOW I should book now (want a balcony at least)...but every day the price drops. I have scoured all prices talked to many TA to get prices. Am I risk not getting a balcony it if I wait a other week or two (just over a month out). Would I save a lot? We haven't taken a cruise for years (with 5 kids now teens or college aged) we couldn't afford them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So after researching the many options for DH & I to decide from for out vacation this summer (never thought of cruise until very recently...was going to rent cottage on the beach on Cape Cod)...finally decided to take the Boston to Bermuda Cruise on the Dawn (August 1-8). I KNOW I should book now (want a balcony at least)...but every day the price drops. I have scoured all prices talked to many TA to get prices. Am I risk not getting a balcony it if I wait a other week or two (just over a month out). Would I save a lot? We haven't taken a cruise for years (with 5 kids now teens or college aged) we couldn't afford them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Final Payment is passed, so if prices have dropped and dropped, it would likely be time to book.

I've done the Dawn the past two summers - balcony and then mini suite. I booked in April for the end of July both times and fares look pretty good now. You may want to book now so you have a decent choice of cabins. Are you new to cruisecritic? Did you know you can search this site for reviews of specific cabins? That might be of help to you.

Enjoy! We'll be getting off the Dawn and you'll be getting on,

Yes, brand new to the forum! We are going to go BX...don't really have a string opinion where on the ship we want to be. Figured we would let NCL decide...maybe get an upgrade?!?

I think I will book tomorrow, don't know how lower they will go. Getting very excited. We never travel without our 5 kids & are really looking forward to a week alone!