Need a good checklist for a 9mo old.

coltsfan1976

Our family will be cruising on the Sunshine with a new addition a nine month old boy. Anyone have a good checklist on stuff to take. I know things like diapers, food and a small fold up stroller. I am afraid I will forget something.

Our family will be cruising on the Sunshine with a new addition a nine month old boy. Anyone have a good checklist on stuff to take. I know things like diapers, food and a small fold up stroller. I am afraid I will forget something.

We have always cruised with our "babies" who are now 12 & 14! :eek:

Some things come to mind:

hat / sunglasses

sunscreen - at least 50 as the sun is going to be stronger than home!

small blow up ring for the pool (we always brought a little ring with a little seat in it)

favorite toys - especially for dinner time

baby shampoo

We loved traveling with the kids when they were babies (and still do!) and sure you will have fun!! Happy Cruising!:D

Sailed with an 18 month old last summer. I would imagine many of the "must haves" are the same.

Diapers, since you can't get them on the ship, you will need a good supply.

Food: at nine months still on bottle or breast. Extra everything, bottles,nipples bottle brush and soap to clean. You will want plenty of formula. Again not something you can get on the ship. Extra solid food as the fridges don't really store food stuff at 40 degree F as recommended for safe food storage and there is no way to reheat. There will be some waste.

The "umbrella" or folding stroller was great as it minimized the space needed to navigate around the ship.

Laundry soap? My grand daughter used special soap so we packed a small amount to wash her sheets and blankets which we also brought from home.

Request a crib through Carnival now if you haven already done so. Each ship has a limited number.

Disinfecting spray or wipes. Wiped down the crib prior to use and toys as needed.

My grand daughter was fine with a shower but others have recommended a blow up kiddie pool to place in the shower to bathe baby.

You will also want to take any baby meds and ointments that you might need. Things such as teething gels or gas drops. Again, can't get them on the ship and I don't know if I would be comfortable getting them in a foreign country and I sure don't want to need them at 4 in the morning and not have them.

Most importantly, remember this cruise will be different with the little one. Not better or worse, just different.

Happy cruising.

This is a list we used to use when our son was a baby.

• diapers (regular and swim diapers)
  • diaper cream
  • wipes
  • formula and snacks
  • pedialyte
  • bottles, bottle implements, and small bottle of dishwashing soap
  • sippy cups
  • baby soap and shampoo
  • ibuprofen/tylenol/other medicines/thermometer
  • blankets
  • hats/sunglass
  • sunscreen
  • stroller
  • pack-n-play
  • travel Diaper bag
  • clothes - casual, nice, bed-time, and shoes
  • toothbrush and paste
  • brush
  • small toys and lovies

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

We're taking our 9 month old starting next week. One suggestion I found elsewhere on here was an inflatable tub to give the baby a bath in - if your stateroom doesn't have a bathtub this could be handy.

Your baby might be to stage 1 or possibly stage 2 foods - not sure how it works on Carnival but there may be a way to pre-order baby foods. We've don't that on Princess; didn't cost more, and we basically just filled out and sent in a form saying how many jars of different things we wanted.

Bring extra bottles. We lost one once on board and I was very happy that I'd brought extras. Thermometer and any over the counter meds you may need. The doctor will have them, but much easier and less expensive to bring them yourself.

Best,

Mia

I traveled a few months ago with my then 6 month old baby and everything they have listed on top is good to remember. You not want to be left without spmething and then need it. Babies tend to use things when they are not home. For example my 2 kuds got sick the day before and i needed antibiotics, nebulizer and treatment for their rsv. And thank god i brought that with me as if i didnt would have had to pay hundred to take them to the doctors onboard. But we had fun because my kids were go even though they had treatments

We are traveling with a 15 month old boy in January on a 1 week Oasis cruise and this is the list that I created yesterday to assist us with buying items and packing.

¨ Pack of Take & Toss Spoons/Forks

¨ (8)Take & Toss Sippy Cups

¨ Pouches of Baby Food

¨ Baby Fruit Juice

¨ Baby Friendly Snacks

¨ Pack of Disposable Bibs

¨ Inflatable Baby Bathtub

¨ Baby Swabs

¨ Baby Soap

¨ Baby Lotion

¨ Diaper Cream

¨ Disposable Changing Pads

¨ 1 box wipes for cabin, 1 small travel wipes

¨ 2 Small Bags of Pampers Diapers

¨ Tooth Brush/Tooth Paste

¨ Hair Brush and Nail file and trimmer

¨ Infant Tylenol

¨ Gas Drops

¨ Gripe Water

¨ Teething Gel

¨ Baby 1st Aid Kit

¨ Nose Sucker

¨ Thermometer

¨ 2 Swim Trunks

¨ 2 Swim Shirts

¨ Swim Diapers

¨ Baby spray sunscreen

¨ Water shoes

¨ 2 Hats

¨ Sunglasses

¨ 4 Sleepers

¨ Pants

¨ Shirts

¨ Shorts

¨ Socks and Shoes

¨ Boba Air Baby Carrier

¨ Ignite Umbrella Stroller

¨ Soap for Cabin

¨ Hand Sanitizer

¨ Sporicidin Wipes for cleaning room

¨ Diaper Bag

¨ 2 Burp Cloth

¨ Tissues

¨ Pacifiers

¨ Passport

¨ Small toys/books

FLCruiser25:

Can you tell me more about these wipes? Where do you buy them, how often you use them; how did you learn about them? What do you use them on in the room; are they child safe?

Thank you.

FLCruiser25:

Can you tell me more about these wipes? Where do you buy them, how often you use them; how did you learn about them? What do you use them on in the room; are they child safe?

Thank you.

Hi, On my last two cruises my mother-in-law gave me the wipes to use to wipe things down that everyone would have touched like remotes, light switch, door handles. You don't use the wipes on your hands, it's meant just to wipe items down the cabin. Once done with wipe, go wash your hands.

They are not like your typical Lysol or Clorox wipes which will do okay in cleaning items in the room. Hospitals use these wipes to kill diseases when cleaning rooms and its great for mold issues. I gave some of these wipes out to friends cruising in other rooms on two trips. Not one of us got sick, we also brought medical grade soap for washing our hands in the cabin bathroom.

I've never used it around children and would use caution when around babies who like to grab and play with everything, but I stand behind this product. My mother-in-law worked in medical field for 30 years and they keep bottles and wipes of this on hand at all times. You have to order online and in bulk usually.

http://www.sporicidin.com/products/mold-remediation/cleaning-and-restoration/all/sporicidin%28r%29-disinfectant-wipes-and-towelettes

For being around small children I would think just your basic Lysol/Clorox wipes will do the job. I do know my mother-in-law said she is bringing tons of those wipes with us when we go on the Oasis in January.

FYI: That Purell sanitizer doesn't do hardly anything to kill germs on those cruise ships. Key is to wash hands, avoid touching mouth and nose with hands and use a paper towel to open doors after washing hands. It makes a big difference.

Edited by FLCruiser25

FLCruiser25 for the information. I am hyperaware of what I touch and where I touch it :) I always pull doors open from the bottoms of the handles rather than the tops (yes, I do over think things thank you very much), etc. I am an avid hand washer and hope this keeps us all healthy in 16 days when we cruise on the Grandeur!

Thanks again!

Sporicidin I believe are like bleach wipes. If they use them in the hospital then you should use them with gloves. I'm thinking about ordering a canister of wipes on amazon. Thanks for suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk