Power boat adventure (Exuma) in Nassau??

kristieokc

In researching excursions for our day in Nassau during our upcoming holiday cruise, I am considering this excursion for me and my three teens. We are in port from 7 am until midnight so I'm pretty sure we have time for the 8-hour trip, and would still be back on board for whatever New Years Eve activities they have planned on the cruise ship.

My question is, I'm finding several different websites that advertise this excursion. Three, in particular, have almost the exact same wording, verbatim, on their websites: Best On Bahamas, Power Boat Adventures, and Majestic Tours Bahamas. Then, I've also read good reviews about Island World Adventures, although I'm not certain if they go to the exact same island in Exuma .... ??

Can anyone shed light on this, and give any pros or cons of one company over another? Recommendations for this trip, in general? I would really appreciate it. At $200 per person, it makes for a pretty expensive day and I want to be sure its something that will be (at least potentially) worth the money.

Thanks in advance!!

In researching excursions for our day in Nassau during our upcoming holiday cruise, I am considering this excursion for me and my three teens. We are in port from 7 am until midnight so I'm pretty sure we have time for the 8-hour trip, and would still be back on board for whatever New Years Eve activities they have planned on the cruise ship.

My question is, I'm finding several different websites that advertise this excursion. Three, in particular, have almost the exact same wording, verbatim, on their websites: Best On Bahamas, Power Boat Adventures, and Majestic Tours Bahamas. Then, I've also read good reviews about Island World Adventures, although I'm not certain if they go to the exact same island in Exuma .... ??

Can anyone shed light on this, and give any pros or cons of one company over another? Recommendations for this trip, in general? I would really appreciate it. At $200 per person, it makes for a pretty expensive day and I want to be sure its something that will be (at least potentially) worth the money.

Thanks in advance!!

The company that runs the excursion is http://www.powerboatadventures.com The others are resellers.

Island world is a similar excursion, but they go to different island in the exuma chain and have a slightly different itinerary.

I've done both. Loved them both.

If you have a long day in port, this is a great way to spend it.

If you are on a tight timeline. Not the way to go.

This is a 100 mile trip to a remote out island. Never know what the tides will bring.

We are in port from 7am until midnight (New Years Eve) so I feel comfortable having enough time ... I'm a little worried it might be too cold that time of year. How much of this excursion is actually spent in the water, ie, snorkeling? I'm glad to hear you liked it. I'm leaning seriously towards booking it for me and my kids.

Thanks for the help!

DO IT!!!

We did this tour through Powerboat Adventures several years ago and LOVED it!

We still talk about it to this day. Snorkeling with rays and sharks, eating and drinking on the private island, feeding the lizards in the exumas.

It was the most beautiful place I have ever been to on this earth. Three teenagers???? They'll LOVE IT.

• 4 weeks later...
The company that runs the excursion is www.powerboatadventures.com The others are resellers.

Island world is a similar excursion, but they go to different island in the exuma chain and have a slightly different itinerary.

I've done both. Loved them both.

If you have a long day in port, this is a great way to spend it.

If you are on a tight timeline. Not the way to go.

This is a 100 mile trip to a remote out island. Never know what the tides will bring.

Scubagirl,

I am interested in seeing Pink Sands Beach. Do you have any suggestions/reccomendations for a private charter that could take us from Nassau to Pink Sands Beach?? Our times in Nassau are 8am to 5 pm so we would want to be back to port no later than 4 to be safe. What are your thoughts on that?? Ideas and suggestions. Thanks!!

Scubagirl,

I am interested in seeing Pink Sands Beach. Do you have any suggestions/reccomendations for a private charter that could take us from Nassau to Pink Sands Beach?? Our times in Nassau are 8am to 5 pm so we would want to be back to port no later than 4 to be safe. What are your thoughts on that?? Ideas and suggestions. Thanks!!

Harbour Island is too far for a day trip. You won't find it in Nassau.

Ferry leaves at 8am sharp and takes about 2.5 hours and returns around 6:30 pm

Best to book a land trip to Harbour Island or Eleuthera.