Cruising vs. Vacation Cottage

I love all vacation options and go as often as possible so for me it is about finding good deals on great vacation. For a vacation with my kids I do love cruising though just because as a mom I don't have to stock a refrigerator or worry about taking everyone out to dinner or check if they are hungry, etc. They can go eat what they want when they want. That said, I still love renting condos, etc. I was just able to book a little 4 night trip with another couple and no kids in a condo in Isla Mujeres.

I've also had a good time at these big resorts popping up all over. The kinds with lazy rivers and huge water slides. (Again… I'm a mom with 10 and 13 year olds). I absolutely love those staycation type trips with the kids for about 3 to 4 nights tops. I've never actually been on a miserable vacation and that includes the condo we rented in Destin after the oil spill when I got Shingles. My worst vacation ever was still fun.

I think when my kids are grown I will cruise a lot more and will really enjoy being able to take the last minute offers. I keep telling my parents, who are retired, to jump on the Navigator again out of Galveston on a spur of the moment trip. They haven't done it but I would have done by now.

Debbie

I have no clue what this post is referring to...?

I don't like to hunt, fish, or camp, nor do I like to stand around and wait in lines, or eat honey stung chicken. We don't play bingo, or trivia, and I don't like to lay in sun. We haven't been to a Broadway Show on a cruise ship for over 15 years.

Not sure what you were replying to or trying to say.

I second this… except the hot Caribbean sun. Being from Texas, I love a beach with white sand and blue water. However, I will also not hunt, fish or camp. Been on 4 cruises and haven't had honey stung chicken yet. Never played Bingo… Avoid lines like the plague and I don't love the shows on cruise ships. To each his own though. Right now I like how busy they keep my kids and I'm getting to watch my parents as new cruisers be amazed at the ships, etc. It's fun family time.