Sojourn Review

dstamps

@Paula, we are doing two 10-day segments, Barcelona-Athens and Athens-Monte Carlo. It is port-intensive; we have only two sea days out of 20.

I did this itinerary last year on the Quest and the MDR was closed except for the Galley market lunch.

Windstar27, we are doing that exact same itinerary in September. Would love to hear about your experiences with the ports, along with any advice you would be kind enough to pass along!

Thanks for the reply Windstar. I, too, would love to hear any 'tips' as we are on an itinerary similar to your first leg.

Although the Med is port intensive no matter whom you sail, SB is the only "luxury" line that does not have it's MDR open for lunch. SB had stated that they would do so on segments longer than 7 days but that doesn't sound to be the case currently. Each person will have to make their own decision whether that still leaves SB in the luxury category for their wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
I am aboard Sojourn now. The ship is in tiptop condition. Service has been outstanding. French market dinner last night in the Colonnade, sourced from the Ajaccio market, was one of the best meals I have ever had at sea. MDR has been open every morning for breakfast. Colonnade coffee is still weak, and MDR dishes are undereseasoned, but ingredients are of good quality. Complimentary wine choices are much better than they were on Odyssey two years ago. The singers/dancers and musicians are quite good. We are on until Monte Carlo, if anyone has a question. Hamish Elliott is the captain.

I am on the Oct 30 sailing that has many of the same ports, what were ypour favorite excursions and did you hire any private guides?