Epic Posh Beach Club

UK Cruiser2

Everyone else is busy arguing on the smoking threads LOL

Ha Ha I like it :)

Hope they are still arguing on embarkation day of our cruise they might forget to buy Posh Club passes and we will get them.

Edited by UK Cruiser2

Ha Ha I like it :)

Hope they are still arguing on embarkation day of our cruise they might forget to buy Posh Club passes and we will get them.

We are usually at the pier by 9:45am, and almost always boarding group 1. Just a suggestion!

As I understand it from the various posts I have read on Posh passes - they only have 20 passes available and you have to be on board pretty sharp-ish to get your hands on one :)

I was on Epic 8th-15th June from Barcleona and on the advice of someone else on our roll call I made a beeline for the Guest Services Desk immediately I got on board (boarded around 11.15 a.m) and I was lucky enough to get a weekly pass for Posh Club at $59 - best money spent as it was such a great area, away from all the hustle and bustle of the main pool deck areas, had a nice bar for food and drink orders and a most attentive bar steward. The icing on the cake was the most comfy sunbeds with super mattresses and scatter cushions. Perhaps one down-side is that there is no pool up there but it was no effort to go down in the lift to cool off in the pool and then escape back to the peace and quiet.

Cannot say definitely that the passes were limited - I know of someone who boarded in Rome and had no difficulty in getting one of the passes - could be they have 20 available at each embarkation port to keep things fair. There were never more than 20 up there when I was there and there were still plenty of empty sunloungers

Hope you manage to secure a pass and enjoy your cruise.

You might like to look up a review by MegaCruiser entitled EPIC PHOTO REVIEW where you will find some great photos of the ship and Posh Club. It is well worth going through this review to give you an idea of all you have to look forward to.

Suron (in Bristol, UK)

Edited by suron
Additional information

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Epic 2 years ago and bought the Posh Beach Club pass at guest services when I boarded.

The only day it was semi busy was the sea day, otherwise almost deserted during the day.

If you want a bit of peace and quiet, excellent sun loungers and sofas, with good shade from umbrellas then I would highly recommend it.

Access was by keycard and I never saw any kids.

Even if you are not in the first boarding groups, make the beeline to customer service. We were in boarding group 14 on a spring break cruise and were still able to get 2. It was the best money we spent. Sunsets from the Posh are incredible!

We also got to the dock early about 10:15am and were boarding group 2 - but went right to guest services and got the Posh passes. Definitely worth the price. When we arrived people were still leaving

To access it easily - use the elevators - once you buy the posh pass your keycard will be coded. When you get on the elevator near the pool to go up - you need to stick your keycard in and then it'll let you push the correct floor

Here are some pictures of the posh deck

http://public.fotki.com/avisn/norwegian-epic/dsc05266.html

My review of the cruise and the ship

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1827709

Edited by genealogyfan

• 4 months later...

I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions about this posh deck...If we only get 2 passes but there are 3 couples in our group, can we share the passes to let another couple go up there sometimes? Hubby and I will be with kids a lot of the time but might want to share a pass with relatives and tag team with kids. Thoughts?

Also, are there other areas on the ship that are sort of peaceful and not so kid crowded?

I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions about this posh deck...If we only get 2 passes but there are 3 couples in our group, can we share the passes to let another couple go up there sometimes? Hubby and I will be with kids a lot of the time but might want to share a pass with relatives and tag team with kids. Thoughts?

Also, are there other areas on the ship that are sort of peaceful and not so kid crowded?

No you cannot share the passes, your room key is coded & staff soon learn who belongs to which key card. Also the argument here is going to be why should 6 people enjoy Posh when only 2 paid for the privilege.

• 1 year later...