Booking online vs over the phone?

RubyGold

Has anyone else had issues with getting price reductions when booking on the phone?

When calling up to have my totals adjusted, the woman on the phone told me I'd have to call back to talk to a supervisor as she's not allowed to reduce the prices as I booked over the phone instead of online.

Apparently booking online gives you a total 5% less than booking on the phone so when seeing price drops online, even an early saver phone booking does not qualify.

I'm stumped. I would have thought they'd either just honour it, or remove 5% of the difference.

Is this through Carnival directly? I have booked several cruises online as well as over the phone and called to get price reductions. Never an issue. Also, the price online is identical to if you call. There was obviously a misunderstanding somewhere in that conversation. Call someone else.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Has anyone else had issues with getting price reductions when booking on the phone?

When calling up to have my totals adjusted, the woman on the phone told me I'd have to call back to talk to a supervisor as she's not allowed to reduce the prices as I booked over the phone instead of online.

Apparently booking online gives you a total 5% less than booking on the phone so when seeing price drops online, even an early saver phone booking does not qualify.

I'm stumped. I would have thought they'd either just honour it, or remove 5% of the difference.

Total malarky.:rolleyes:

I always do the homework online, then officially book with a rep over the phone. Same price. Then, when there are price drops, I always calland have them adjust it over the phone.

They are blowing wind up your skirt! :eek:

Seeing as you're in the UK did you call a UK number? If that's the case anyone here would be giving you information as though you booked through the US site or US agents and the answers would not apply. Things are different in the UK.

Total malarky.:rolleyes:

I always do the homework online, then officially book with a rep over the phone. Same price. Then, when there are price drops, I always calland have them adjust it over the phone.

They are blowing wind up your skirt! :eek:

Yup this has been my experience as well. As a matter of fact I just called today and got the $80 credit because our cruise is in 3 weeks and we've already paid in full. I saw the drop online and called in. I always call.