Royalton White Sands

jessandtwo

The Taxi to Royalton from Stew's Transportation Taxi Service was $25 plus a tip each way. (876)-423-4517 - Email: bourstew@hotmail.com

We have also used Pat Bailey once, but we went further last time, and she charged $45 each way plus tip, her and her driver were great also.

patbailey52@yahoo.com - 1-876-509-7542 - website: patmartours.com

Just set a time for them to come back and pick you up and they will be there.

***Okay I finished my Cruise Album (Grandeur Of The Seas) but I do not know how to post the pictures on here, so here is my name so you can go to my face book page and take a look at them, sorry you will have to look through the whole album, but if you want to ship the ship pictures then go down to the bottom and work your way up if you can the 4 ports are last in the album.

My name on FB is Susan Funari - my picture is me a blonde with a very large glass of Champagne in front of me. Then go to albums and find Grandeur, then look to the end you will find all the ports and information. I can not have a link on here, it is against the rules, sorry. If you have a problem with finding me let me know on here or email me, watermanfunari@aol.com

Sue

The Taxi to Royalton from Stew's Transportation Taxi Service was $25 plus a tip each way. (876)-423-4517 - Email: bourstew@hotmail.com

We have also used Pat Bailey once, but we went further last time, and she charged $45 each way plus tip, her and her driver were great also.

patbailey52@yahoo.com - 1-876-509-7542 - website: patmartours.com

Just set a time for them to come back and pick you up and they will be there.

***Okay I finished my Cruise Album (Grandeur Of The Seas) but I do not know how to post the pictures on here, so here is my name so you can go to my face book page and take a look at them, sorry you will have to look through the whole album, but if you want to ship the ship pictures then go down to the bottom and work your way up if you can the 4 ports are last in the album.

My name on FB is Susan Funari - my picture is me a blonde with a very large glass of Champagne in front of me. Then go to albums and find Grandeur, then look to the end you will find all the ports and information. I can not have a link on here, it is against the rules, sorry. If you have a problem with finding me let me know on here or email me, watermanfunari@aol.com

Sue

Sue thank you so much for the pictures. The Royalton looks fantastic. I had spent so much time doing my research for the cruise I had not done any for the island holiday. I must say that my family are getting very excited about the upcoming holiday. I also enjoyed you pictures of Labradee. We were unable to port the day we got there due to sea conditions. We are booked to go back next April again on the Silhouette so hope to see it then. We tried to book the diamond club but the hotel is sold out. Our grandson and his friend have one do at least I will be able to see it.lol. Carol thanks again

Carol, Glad you liked the pictures. I think when you get there you can also say you want an up grade and they might have some, they usually don't book them all ahead, they like to upgrade people, good luck.

When we were in the pool we were looking up at the Hotel to see what room we would want, and it was in the taller part of the Hotel to the left looking from ocean, it had a wrap around balcony, one facing pool and one facing ocean, I do not know which room this was but thought it was nice. My husband said that all the other rooms with the really small balconies might not be to bad because it was to hot to sit out on a balcony, people would be in the pool the whole time anyway, which is true.

I like the swim up rooms by the ocean, but the ground floor rooms were blocked by palm trees if you like a view, plus I do not know if I would like little critters crawling in my room if we left the doors open, so a higher floor I would go, lol

I would just live in a lounge chair by the pool day and night, that would make me happy, just to be at Royalton White Sands Resort, I hope to go back again in Jan 2016.

Oh and I am peeling on my shoulders so bad, first time in like 10 years, and I am very tan all year round. So DO NOT FORGET YOUR SUN SCREEN

Don't Worry, Be Happy - Ya MON

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the pictures of your day in Jamaica - we are going over Thanksgiving and wanted a beach day. I'm going to email them and see about going there for the day - it looks amazing!! And since I am very fair skinned and sensitive to the sun - I think I'll start stocking up NOW on sunscreen!! lol

I can't wait to see it for myself!

Michelle

MerriWthr, No Problem, glad you enjoyed them.

I would say as long as you wear a hat and sunglasses and alot of sunscreen you should be fine, if I say hat because if just sunglasses you migh get burnt and get raccon eyes, lol even put on a swim shirt if need be. If you get there early they have huts/umbreallas on the beach to keep out of sun. Just put a chair where ever you want to get out of the sun, but it was to much fun to stay in the pools and drink at the same time and stay cool. I enjoyed sitting in the lobby and playing on my tablet for a while and other areas around the resort to sit and get away from sun. You are going to love it. Wish Joe would let me go back for 1 week but he likes to go to different places that is why he picks cruises.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...
MerriWthr, No Problem, glad you enjoyed them.

I would say as long as you wear a hat and sunglasses and alot of sunscreen you should be fine, if I say hat because if just sunglasses you migh get burnt and get raccon eyes, lol even put on a swim shirt if need be. If you get there early they have huts/umbreallas on the beach to keep out of sun. Just put a chair where ever you want to get out of the sun, but it was to much fun to stay in the pools and drink at the same time and stay cool. I enjoyed sitting in the lobby and playing on my tablet for a while and other areas around the resort to sit and get away from sun. You are going to love it. Wish Joe would let me go back for 1 week but he likes to go to different places that is why he picks cruises.

Sue

Sue you were right the resort is wonderful. We arrived very late on Monday and have been bust since we're arrived. Our room overlooks the water and the pool areas. The staff are amazing. It has been so many years since our last island holiday that we did not know if we would enjoy it.

I love my cruises and thought that I would not like it. But after saying that I am glad we came. My family were sitting out by the pool last night comparing them.they have inherited my love of cruising lol

Both are different in some ways and the same in others.

I thought of you an all the great information you gave me. Thanks again Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Carol, I am so glad you had a great time there with your family.

I just knew you would, yes, it is different from cruising but in a way a bit more relaxing, just knowing you are steps away from great pools and a ocean and great food.

I am getting older and it is a lot on me to keep getting off the ship to get to these great resorts we go to at every stop, that I think if I could only go to each for a week it would be easier, but hubby says no, have to cruise, but I say okay then we get off at every stop and go to a resort and he lets me do that just to make me happy, lol

I love Sandles In Antigua and St Lucia also. The one in Bahamas was okay but not great like the others.

Now you got me thinking if Royalton, I have to wait until January to go back for the day, but it is worth the wait.

Sue

Carol, I am so glad you had a great time there with your family.

I just knew you would, yes, it is different from cruising but in a way a bit more relaxing, just knowing you are steps away from great pools and a ocean and great food.

I am getting older and it is a lot on me to keep getting off the ship to get to these great resorts we go to at every stop, that I think if I could only go to each for a week it would be easier, but hubby says no, have to cruise, but I say okay then we get off at every stop and go to a resort and he lets me do that just to make me happy, lol

I love Sandles In Antigua and St Lucia also. The one in Bahamas was okay but not great like the others.

Now you got me thinking if Royalton, I have to wait until January to go back for the day, but it is worth the wait.

Sue

Sue Our daughter and son in laws wedding renewal was beautiful. There are 2-3 weddings there everyday but Sunday's. The wedding planner did a fantastic job working with our daughter. The place were they do the weddings is on the beach. Picture perfect.

The service I must say is as good or better than the cruise ships. The people there were wonderful to me and our family.

The food for breakfast and lunch was very good with a nice selection. I would say equivalent to the cruise. But the meat at some dinners left something to be desired. They had a sea food night that was fabulous with warm water lobster that I would say was the best I ever had including fresh water lobster. They had a Italian restaurant a steak house and a Japanese restaurant as well as the main dinning room. One night they had dinner set up on the beach. Nice round tables with tablecloth and lights. It was very beautiful. The food was good that night as well.

Rooms were somewhat bigger than the cruise ship with a nice bathroom with a rain shower.

We upgrade to an ocean view room that had shade in the morning but full sun later in the day.

They had room service which we did not use. The beds were comfortable with white linens. Rooms were modern in design.

The room that you were looking at is one of the high end room right here the beach with the swimming pool off the room

Our grandson and his friend upgraded to the Diamond Club but said that they would not do that again.

They offer all the excursion there that one would get on a cruise ship but at better prices. That many people used and seemed pleased with.

The weather

It was sunny everyday with no rain. But it was very hot and humid. The morning was comfortable but by noon not so much. When we were there in February it was warm but not like it is there in April.

When we were there in February I bought a ring. I had them put it into yellow gold. But when I got it I did not like it so I got in contact with them and they told me to come back when I returned to Jamacia. Since the port is so close to the cruise port we hired a van and 7 of us went to the port. They prearranged our visit at the gate and we had to give them our passports and they gave us visitor passes. There were two RCCL ships in port that day. It was very busy in the port as well in Faulmouth. The streets were packed with venders as well as cruise passengers. As things would have it I had to go back again the next day. Thus time the streets were empty as well as the cruise port. All the shops were closed except the store that I had to go to. What funny feeling to be there with no passengers there. My husband and I had to laugh as we gave never seen that before and probably will never see it again.

The had several entertainments. Everyday that people seemed to enjoy.

We will be going back there on a Celebrity cruise next April. My husband and I did compare a island holiday to the cruise. We both felt that we prefer a cruise. It was beautiful place and nice to visit but we prefer the ship. Everything at the resort was the same as the ship but overall better on the ship. We have been to most of the Caribbean islands some several times over the years on cruises and I do like the movement of the ship and island hopping. I am sorry but I have to side with your husband on this one. But a fantastic place to go to for the day. Keep in touch as I would like yo hear from you Carol.

• 4 months later...
Has anyone recently done a Royalton White Sands DAY PASS? I cannot find any information online saying that they do in fact offer them.

You may have to call the hotel direct. The cost is or was $100 U.S. Per person. With the day pass you can have the use of the pools,food and drinks. Or you could have your TA look into booking it for you. The hotel is not too far from the cruise port.

• 3 months later...

Hello Carol and everyone else. Sorry it took me a long time to get back on we were just so busy.

Carol, I am so glad you had a great time, and glad you compared it to the cruise. Yes I think a cruise is much better, like you said more places to see.

So baman and RCmommy, here is the email address I have for it.

reservation2MBJ@royaltonresorts.com Rosie(Rosalind) was the one who was emailing me back and fourth. TEL# (876)-632-7401 ext: 7454

I am sending a email to them right now, for I forgot to do before this, I am planning on going there again while on a cruise we are doing at the end of this Jan 2016.

I can not wait to go back.

Like I said if you can not get in to this place the second best is Iberostar Suites, or you can try their next door other resort Iberostar Beach.

Have a great time.

Sue

Just returned from cruise and went to Royalton White Sands resort.in Jamaica. Short ride from port and the facilities were excellent. Food, drinks and setting was terrific. Would suggest getting a ride coordinated from Royalton resort .....private cab ride was $80 round trip for a 10 minute ride.

Overall would definitely would recommend if looking for a breach break in Falmouth.