Why hasn't the Jewel left Seattle yet?

Hikini

Normally the ships leave the dock in Seattle at 4PM, but here it is just after 7PM and it is still at the dock. In addition, the ship is facing south at the dock. Only one other time (earlier this year) have I seen any of the NCL ships face any other way than north. (Normally the starboard side is against the dock.)

The explanation for the different direction last time was that they needed to off-load some equipment and the cranes had to use the port side.

Well I'm sitting here in spinnaker Lounge and there is a huge ness crane loading a very large air duct with a fan on top. The captain has said we should leave by 7:30 after the load is secured. But there is alot of partying on deck and a great night here so it is all good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Well I'm sitting here in spinnaker Lounge and there is a huge ness crane loading a very large air duct with a fan on top. The captain has said we should leave by 7:30 after the load is secured. But there is alot of partying on deck and a great night here so it is all good.

Thanks for replying! Glad to know the details. We'll be watching as you go by in a little bit then. Have a great time and take good care of the ship - we will be on her again in September.

I always say the vacation begins as soon as you step on board. So I know you're enjoying the atmosphere, food, music, food, view, food, etc. :D

Bon Voyage!

Ok 8:50 and we are off talked to a deck crew and the delay was because it took so long to load the big equipment the Ness Crane blocked them from loading anything else. So we are off on our way to Ak

Ok 8:50 and we are off talked to a deck crew and the delay was because it took so long to load the big equipment the Ness Crane blocked them from loading anything else. So we are off on our way to Ak

Obviously, the dry dock work continues...

We watched you leave. You had a gorgeous sunset to witness in Seattle, but sadly you'll be sailing through the San Juan Islands after dark.

You should still arrive in Ketchikan on time Monday morning.

We are in Ketchikan now. We docked on time about 6:40. When I went up to the bridge viewing area Saturday night we were cruising at 24 knots so we were MOVING!!

We are in Ketchikan now. We docked on time about 6:40. When I went up to the bridge viewing area Saturday night we were cruising at 24 knots so we were MOVING!!

Wow! That's about top speed. NCL spent good money for that leg of the journey!!

I saw a post of the Jewel leaving Seattle around 9pm on Saturday and I was wondering the same thing, as we sail on the 19th. Would LOVE to see posts of other interesting info from someone on board; especially what they ports are like and the weather. Hope you are enjoying your cruise!

It would be great if you could post for us your journey. We will be on the Jewel August 30th. We have booked Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour in Ketchikan. Our 1st Alaskan cruise. Looking forward to reading your posts!

We are in Skagway now. It is overcast and 54° but feels like a nice crisp morning. Except for leaving late we have been dead on schedule. They have not done any work yet on the items that were loaded on board in Seattle as far as I can see. I was just up there and took pictures. The view deck above the tennis/basketball court on deck 14 aft of the ship are closed and filled with construction equipment. If you have any specific questions before we leave port at 5 I'll try to answer them.

We are in Skagway now. It is overcast and 54° but feels like a nice crisp morning. Except for leaving late we have been dead on schedule. They have not done any work yet on the items that were loaded on board in Seattle as far as I can see. I was just up there and took pictures. The view deck above the tennis/basketball court on deck 14 aft of the ship are closed and filled with construction equipment. If you have any specific questions before we leave port at 5 I'll try to answer them.

I hope the people that would be impacted by that received a discount or OBC. (For not having access to that deck.)

I hope the people that would be impacted by that received a discount or OBC. (For not having access to that deck.)

This was a public sundeck area right behind the sports court stadium seating. We are back home now. I should be writing up a review soon. I attempted to upload a photo to the forum, not sure where it went :confused:

Welcome back to solid ground. It's tough to come back, I know.

I look forward to your review! (And, if you could answer the question above from Dorothy B, about the new menus.)