RCL Cruiser thinking of trying NCL

JBlock54

A lot depends on the ships you are used to in Royal vs the ship you will try on NCL.

I cannot see your signature on this phone, so I don't know if you have your cruises listed.

We are suite cruisers on both lines. If that is something that interest you, I can offer some insight. Going on Getaway Saturday, can't wait to compare it to Freedom.

AM

Edited by Annmeat

We did the Breakaway (sister to the Getaway) and really did not like it. We've been on 6 NCL cruises (a seven coming up) and the design of those ships is centered around revenue generations more than any ship I've seen.

We've done RCL, Disney, Carnival and NCL and for the money we lean towards NCL, but much of it has to do with the fact that we love the Free Style Cruising. However, NCL would pretty much have to give me a room to get me to go on the Breakaway or the Getaway.

Sailed Allure, Breeze, Epic and Breakaway. All are beautiful ships. Allure (and assuming her twin Oasis), is a nice ship. Epic, Breakaway, Breeze are as nice, some ways better, some ways not.

Not been on the Getaway, but generally speaking, the entertainment on NCL is head and shoulders anything I've experienced on either the Allure or Breeze. IMHO, entertainment in NCL is the best of any cruise line/ship on the water..

Getaway should be similar to Breakaway. Oasis should be similar to Oasis. Based on that, I believe you'll find the outside areas on the Getaway nicer than the (fewer) outside areas of the Oasis. OCEAN PLACE is woderful. Nothing like it on the Allure.

Love Freestyle, too.

Good luck, whichever you choose!

Edited by graphicguy

Sailed Allure, Breeze, Epic and Breakaway. All are beautiful ships. Allure (and assuming her twin Oasis), is a nice ship. Epic, Breakaway, Breeze are as nice, some ways better, some ways not.

Not been on the Getaway, but generally speaking, the entertainment on NCL is head and shoulders anything I've experienced on either the Allure or Breeze. IMHO, entertainment in NCL is the best of any cruise line/ship on the water..

Getaway should be similar to Breakaway. Oasis should be similar to Oasis. Based on that, I believe you'll find the outside areas on the Getaway nicer than the (fewer) outside areas of the Oasis. OCEAN PLACE is woderful. Nothing like it on the Allure.

Love Freestyle, too.

Good luck, whichever you choose!

Great Post........Could not find any ocean view "Outside Areas" on the Oasis except from our suite.

Breakway offered so much more than Oasis.......