Sky Aft Balcony..which deck?

pog27

I know I can't be the first one to ask this question but I've searched far and wide on here and can't find an answer. I'm looking to book an aft balcony (B1) on the sky and want to know which deck has the largest balcony. Or are they all the same? I read about the noise issues on deck 10 but other than that not much information on the best deck to choose. Thanks in advance!

Unless you get a suite all the Aft balconies are all pretty much the same size. When I cruised the sky my research said the 9th floor was the favorite. So I chose cabin 9078, center. It was a good cabin, very quiet and close to the stairs and elevators. The back location was great on this ship because for some reason it felt very central. Just two stairs up to the buffet and a few down to the main dining and theatre. But the ship is small and all the standard balcony rooms are identical. Aft balconies are the largest. I think there were three loungers out there when I cruised this past December. I don't know if that helps you. It was loud in the morning though coming into port and the balcony was wet all the time, we stuck towels on the chairs. We weren't out there very much because of the short port intense cruise. Didn't take away from anything, I'd book it again.

Edited by Siora7777

• 3 weeks later...

Siora7777,

Thanks for the information about the balcony. We have booked a couple of rooms with balconies. The reservationist, not with NCL, told us to ask if we could remove the plexiglass that separates the balconies to make one large balcony if it was applicable. Do you know if this is the case?

Thanks!

I'm not sure. It didn't look like it could but I honestly don't know. I doubt it. From what I gather about the balconies on the Sky is that they were added on later in the building of the ship and not in the original draw up plans. They are not large and stick out the side of the ship. The only original balconies are the Aft ones. That's why all the balconies have a porthole and a door instead of the normal sliding doors. They cut out the space near the porthole to make door/balconies because norwegian didn't want a ship without balconies. I'm fairly sure you cannot remove the glass to make a bigger balcony. I had an Aft which was larger but even then the wall seems too large to move. But I'm not a hundred percent on the Aft balconies. The regular ones, I don't think so but not sure either since I was not in a regular balcony. Sorry I don't have the answer:)

Edited by Siora7777

I'm not sure. It didn't look like it could but I honestly don't know. I doubt it. From what I gather about the balconies on the Sky is that they were added on later in the building of the ship and not in the original draw up plans. They are not large and stick out the side of the ship. The only original balconies are the Aft ones. That's why all the balconies have a porthole and a door instead of the normal sliding doors. They cut out the space near the porthole to make door/balconies because norwegian didn't want a ship without balconies. I'm fairly sure you cannot remove the glass to make a bigger balcony. I had an Aft which was larger but even then the wall seems too large to move. But I'm not a hundred percent on the Aft balconies. The regular ones, I don't think so but not sure either since I was not in a regular balcony. Sorry I don't have the answer:)

You know it's been about 9 months since the cruise and I was trying to remember what the separation material was between the balconies. I went online just now and pulled up some videos and I didn't see glass but what appeared to be metal or steel walls between each balcony. It didn't look like they could be removed.

You know it's been about 9 months since the cruise and I was trying to remember what the separation material was between the balconies. I went online just now and pulled up some videos and I didn't see glass but what appeared to be metal or steel walls between each balcony. It didn't look like they could be removed.

Siora7777,

Thanks! We will just deal with whatever we get! Not even sure that we will use the balcony as much as originally thought after reading reviews!

Thanks again!