Aft balcony on Mariner? Opinions?

We head to the TA to book Mariner on Saturday! The more we've thought about it, the more we think we may go for the balcony this time. We're looking at an E1, deck 9 aft. Has anyone had one of these staterooms before? DH expressed a slight concern that movement might be more noticeable back there. I'm looking at the layout of that area of the ship and wondering if people above us are going to be able to see the whole balcony. I'd love a balcony (this would be our first one!!), but want to pick the best one for us. Pros and cons? Other siggestions?

I'm going on Mariner on August 21st, im going to be staying in a royal family suite on deck 9 aft. I would also be curious to know how good of a room this is, but i will be sure to tell you how it was when i return from my trip

We had an aft balcony on the Navigator (9392) last year and on the Mariner (7688) this year. Both were awesome. The deck 9 balconies are open in front but closed in back - the deck 7 balconies are completely covered, but since we had the corner aft, the big open porthole (which is part of the huge balcony on deck 7) allowed some sun from the side, too.

Is there a trick for keeping balcony doors open or tricking the AC into working? I know I’ve heard bungee cords and magnets, but I’ve never paid much attention because I didn’t think a balcony was in the cards.

Keep the input coming! I’m looking for good, bad, and ugly. Like I said, this will be our first balcony, so I want to make it a good one.

Also, devvt, the one that comes up on the RCCL website is 9390. I know it’s not the same ship, but did you feel like everyone above you could see you? As far as privacy goes, did you feel that completely covered gave you more, or did it matter? It’s not that we plan on being out there buck nekkid, but I also don’t want our upstairs neighbors seeing me in my robe with scary hair every morning. :eek:

MSPink98 do a search on the boards. There is a website that will show you the balcony and room of 9390. We have this room booked on the Mariner for March 2006. We did the aft cabin on Constellation this past April and I have never enjoyed a deck more than I did on that cruise. We had two deck chairs and a large table with four chairs! We also had 16 people over for a cocktail party and had room! That was cabin 7203 on Vista deck. If you check webshots.com and do a search you can see lots of different cabins. Either way once you sail with a balcony you will NEVER go back to anything else! Happy Sailing

I'm going on Mariner on August 21st, im going to be staying in a royal family suite on deck 9 aft. I would also be curious to know how good of a room this is, but i will be sure to tell you how it was when i return from my trip

Hey there! You are two decks right above us!!! We are deck 7 aft! (CAN'T WAIT!) We will wave up a hello from below! :D Enjoy, I think the view is going to be amazing!

Archived