How do you save once on board?

I agree with most everything here.

We only pack a carry on. For three of us that saves 150 dollars round trip. Go to you tube and search for the bundle method of packing. Its amazing what you can get in a small carry on bag using the bundle method of packing. We pack the carry on and a personal item and between the two of them that is plenty of stuff to take. We might do one load of self service laundry half way through the cruise. We take some quarters with us for that. Also you have your bags with you at all times and do not have to tip the bag porters or wait for your luggage. Also wear as much stuff as you can on your flight its less to get into your bag like belt, shoes, sportcoat, etc.

We usually smuggle on board a small amount of liquor for a before dinner drink. We are not big drinkers so our bar bill is usually negligible anyway but that saves around 100 bucks at least. We go to the free drink opportunities while on board like the past guest party.

We never buy pictures and do not gamble or buy souvenirs on the ship. We usually do our own tours off the ship. Usually these are snorkeling or beach trips which is what we like. Usually just the cost of the cab although some places we take the bus like Barbados and St. Thomas. We rarely buy anything off the ship at all. We are not shoppers and really don't ever see anything we want anyway. Never really bought anything on board the ship in 12 cruises. No gold rope, none of that stuff.

Off the ship we generally bring a lunch. I know you aren't supposed to but we do it anyway. Get a sandwich and chips and stuff and pack a lunch. We bring ziplock bags from home for this purpose.

Never ate at a fee restaurant.

We do things that are free. Never stepped foot in a spa on board a ship. We will do the free activities or just sit in the sun. Dont really buy drink of the day or anything like that usually. Maybe one per cruise like a pina colada at sail away maybe.

To us its almost a game to see how little we can actually spend while on the cruise. We have done cruises where literally our sign and sail account was nothing but daily gratuities before.

Don't buy any specialty coffees or ice cream or anything like that. We usually eat in the dining room. I am sure the cruise line hates us cause they sell us a cheap room and we don't buy anything else but hey they have to take the good with the bad. For us it makes up able to afford to cruise. But I must say we see all these people wasting a ton of money and I wonder if I would do it if I had the extra money to spend and I think I would not but who knows. I am very glad for people like that cause the money that they spend subsidizes my cruise! I hope they spend freely!

You know you're not supposed to take food of the ship but do it anyway? Shame on you!

Do you understand why it's prohibited?

Please do your homework and think twice before doing something so reckless just to save a few dollars.

There have been passengers severely fined for that very reason. 😡