booked on celebrity and agent has stuffed up with the deal help!

heard back from TA and they will honour the agreement so am very happy and apart from the initial communication with the first agent when i contacted the manager she sorted it quick smart and was very nice about it all.

Congratulations - well done. At least if you go back to that TA for future - I think it would be a safe bet - they would dot I's and cross T's before asking you to sign :p You have benefited from their "stuff up" - well done. Go plan now for your cruise and enjoy :D

heard back from TA and they will honour the agreement so am very happy and apart from the initial communication with the first agent when i contacted the manager she sorted it quick smart and was very nice about it all.

Fantastic outcome. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Great result. Another win for the consumer and your TA's company deserves a lot of credit for rectifying their initial mistake.

Slightly off topic but I recently changed a booking to a large US web based TA. I had researched their special deal and it offered all 3 1,2,3 go perks along with the same price as my original booking that came with only the one (Drinks pkg) and some OBC. So I cancelled and rebooked with them. While I was there I enquired about the other cruises I had booked and they added free grats ad additional OBC to my original booking so I cancelled with my original TA (got all money back within 4 days) and booked with them. I happened to check out their sale adds for this cruise a few days later and saw that they were also offering a specialty restaurant meal for 2 as well as the grats and OBC in a box under Quantum of the Seas. As I did not receive the meal deal I gave them a call. When I enquired they drew to my attention the small print conditions that were in another box underneath that said "free specialty restaurant" not available for Quantum cruises. I agreed that I was wrong once they pointed this out and was just about to hang up feeling a little foolish. The agent said to hold on then rang his supervisor and told me that the add was indeed a little misleading and gave me the meal. Not much in the scheme of things either way but I appreciate the great customer service.

I'm confused. You say you initially received all three 123 promos which includes gratuities. Later on you say they added free grats? Was your fare substantially below market? Our most recent booking was $1300 below market but only received $50 OBC. Suspect you paid a lot more than you had to in order to get what you say you did. There are no free lunches and that includes cruise fares.

I'm confused. You say you initially received all three 123 promos which includes gratuities. Later on you say they added free grats? Was your fare substantially below market? Our most recent booking was $1300 below market but only received $50 OBC. Suspect you paid a lot more than you had to in order to get what you say you did. There are no free lunches and that includes cruise fares.

No she had booked an inside cabin. The agent told her that she got 123 promo. But they told her the wrong information and she had it in writing. After a bit of going back and forward with the agency they honoured what they said.

No she had booked an inside cabin. The agent told her that she got 123 promo. But they told her the wrong information and she had it in writing. After a bit of going back and forward with the agency they honoured what they said.

icat2000. To clarify PoppyandNana's post was in response to one of mine in which I attempted tp give an example of great customer service at a time when the OP was still sorting out the issue.

PoppyandNana. I originally booked with one US TA who had added some ($200)OBC to the drinks package given as our choice from the 1,2,3 go offer. I had paid my deposit. I was emailed a 3 day special sale offer from a DIFFERENT US TA in which they were giving ALL 3 of the perks. One from Celebrity (drinks) and the other 2 (Grats, $250 OBC) came from the TA's offer. Because it effectively gave me an extra $150 pp for the grats and an additional OBC of $50 I cancelled my original booking and booked with the TA's better offer. The customer service from both were great. The agent I cancelled with refunded my full deposit within a few days.

OK seeing as you asked. I agree about the no free lunch BUT for a 12 day NZ-Sydney cruise on Celebrity Solstice it worked out to be, Total cabin price for 2 people in an Aqua 1 angled balcony. $3855. (all taxes, port fees). That's right around or even cheaper than a good balcony cabin on comparable itineraries with HAL, Princess, RCCL. This in itself is a decent price for the cabin. So considering that the value of the drinks package that I probably would have purchased anyway $1200 + $250 OBC + $500 grats it is almost a free "liquid" lunch.